276°
Posted 20 hours ago

I Found You: A psychological thriller from the bestselling author of The Family Upstairs

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Meanwhile, in a London suburb, a beautiful Ukranian newlywed named Lily is worried about her husband Carl Monrose.

As more and more is revealed and pieces of the puzzle of who "the stranger" is come to light I found myself hungry to find out the truth and eagerly whizzing through the last third of the book. As the storylines collide and answers to questions get answered I found it to be a really satisfying read. A very likeable book that I recommend to anyone that enjoys women's fiction and finds the idea of the plot appealing. If you have not read Lisa Jewell before this is not a bad place to start. Poppy, Floyd’s youngest daughter, however has striking similarities to Ellie, which only leaves Laurel with more questions than answers. alternating pov :- I like books with alternating pov because every chapter ends on a suspensive note and reader is compelled to think , ik some people find it confusing and irritating but I quite enjoy it. Although there were major flaws in all the pov but I was still rooting for things to work out! Three lonely people meet when their lives are in upheaval and learn they are also connected by a haunting 20-year-old mystery.Lisa Jewell is fairly new to me , though I have heard a lot about her , this is the first book that I have read written by her and I was quite disappointed because I guess I was expecting too much from this book , but I guess I will give Lisa Jewell another chance ! Meanwhile, in a suburb of London, twenty-one-year-old Lily Monrose has only been married for three weeks. When her new husband fails to come home from work one night she is left stranded in a new country where she knows no one. Then the police tell her that her husband never existed. Write a scene from the perspective of Mark, either from his time with Gray and Kirsty, or later in life with his Aunt Kitty or with Lily. How does he see himself? Does he care about the women in his life? What are his motivations? Does he attribute any of his behavior to the childhood abuse he suffered? If you’re choosing to write from a later perspective—how has he changed since his teenage years? Does he believe his own lies? Consider any of these questions, and share your writing with your reading group. And lastly, the tragic trouble that Gray and Kirsty find themselves in is the direct result of their parents making horribly bad decisions and not protecting them. It's very sad . . . and also, very unbelievable that their parents would behave the way that they do in the novel. The book flips to twenty-one-year-old Lily Monrose who was born in Ukraine and has only been married for three weeks. When her new husband fails to come home from work one night she is left stranded in a new country where she knows no one. Then the police tell her that her husband never existed.

Lisa Jewell is a fairly new-to-me author; I've only read one of her other books as they are just making their way into the US publication system. While I enjoyed reading The Girls in the Garden, I don't think it holds a candle to how intriguing, suspenseful, and complex of a story I Found You is. The entire plot from every angle was compelling and I could hardly put it down as I just had to find out what would happen next. The plot was broken up into multiple POVs from past and present; as you come toward the end of the novel you begin discovering that some of the voices overlap and lead to various exciting twists. The characterization, alongside the general increase in suspense and plot quality shows the tremendous amount of growth she seemingly achieves between each book; this is one of the most important qualities I search for when adding to my must read author database. I Found You is great for the beach or a dark and stormy summer night on the veranda. It’s never going to be read for a literature class, but it’s not trying to be high literature. I love books like this for a palate cleanser when I’ve been reading things that are heavier. I Found You is an excellent contribution to its genre. And just so you know, I'm not giving up on Jewell either. I will most certainly give another one of her novels a try. Her writing style makes for a very easy, pleasing read . . . and sometimes, easy and pleasing is exactly what I need.You think you know what the link is between the characters, don't be so sure, there are so many twists and turns this novel will have you guessing to the end. Twenty-three years earlier, Gray and Kirsty Ross are teenagers on a summer holiday with their parents. The annual trip to Ridinghouse Bay is uneventful, until an enigmatic young man starts paying extra attention to Kirsty. Something about him makes Gray uncomfortable—and it’s not just because he’s a protective older brother. Mark is 19 years old.....He's precocious, talks about being a millionaire, and has the hots for 15 year old Kristy. Overall, this is another stellar effort by Lisa Jewell, who is now becoming one of my ‘go to’ authors.

Lisa Jewell’s strength definitely lies in her ability to deliver character-driven novels. This story, along with the few others of hers I’ve read, rely heavily on the development of her characters and in turn, as a reader, my enjoyment hinges almost solely on whether I connect with them and find their actions believable in some capacity. I have to admit there was a HUGE part of me that felt completely disconnected from this story and what I’m deeming a strange cast of characters. I love Lisa Jewell books because I never know what I am going to get from her; her books always take me in a different direction than I anticipated. I Found You is filled with suspense, so much so that I developed a sense of dread while I was reading, as I knew something bad was going to happen. I found the characters to be well developed and I was surprised by how emotional the ending made me.. I recommend this one for a solid, thrilling read! Surrey: Twenty-one-year-old Lily Monrose has only been married for three weeks. When her new husband fails to come home from work one night she is left stranded in a new country where she knows no one. Then the police tell her that her husband never existed. Lydia, despite being rich and accomplished, is still haunted by a distressing childhood; Dean is a jobless single father without a promising future; while eighteen year old Robyn, who is smart and popular, has just joined college with dreams of becoming a pediatrician. She is however performing dismally in class and is also getting to know what it means to fall in love for the very first time. Around twenty-three years earlier, teenagers Gray and Kirsty Ross crossed paths with a mysterious young man while on holiday in Ridinghouse Bay.The structure keeps the suspense level high, and Jewell manages surprising revelations all the way up to the ending. The mix of women’s fiction and suspense—plus a no-nonsense 40-something heroine at the heart of the story—makes this a good fit for fans of Liane Moriarty.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment