276°
Posted 20 hours ago

PYTHON No Spill Water Changer, 7.5 m ( Brass Adaptor Not included )

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I am unsure if it’s by design, but the model we tested came covered in a fine white powder – not something we wanted in our aquarium. If you groan about having to do your weekly water change, then think of us. While testing these water changers week after week, we performed hundreds and hundreds of water changes. From plastic fittings that did not hold up to regular use to hosing that gives off a strong plastic smell and easily kinks. Sure, as a water changer, it’s functional, but based on our testing, we expect that you will need to replace it within a year of regular use. I’m very happy with how this little Do-It-Yourself project turned out. It was fun getting all the pieces together and making the PVC bits work in the best manner for our tank.

UK users: python water changer question | Tropical Fish Forums UK users: python water changer question | Tropical Fish Forums

Less stressfor the owner and the fish as the No Spill system is extremely easy to use which makes regular water changes less hassle and more enjoyable. If not I’ll pop along to a plumbing supply place with the mixer tap end piece and the outside pipe fitting which is where I intend to drain the tank and clean water into a water butt.Aqualease Ltd t/a Complete Aquatics is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, register number 729918 and act as a credit broker and not a lender. If Lee’s Ultimate Gravel Vac was half the price, we would most likely recommend it as a budget water changer. But given that it’s priced similar to Python, which is a noticeably superior product, there is little reason to recommend it. Marina Aqua Vac

Python No Spill Clean and Fill Aquarium Syphon - Gravel

Do you know of any the green Python pumps that are made out of brass. It would be great if I could find one that is made of metal so it would be must strongerI’ve also broken one gravel tube, the threaded male end snapped right off the tube and the plastic compression nut started to disintegrate so the hose kept slipping off it. Mind, this is the only time the gravel tube broke, whereas 3 faucet pumps have bitten the dust in the same length of time. IMPORTANT: Please note, the brass adaptor shown in some photographs of the Python products are found on the US versions only and is not included in the UK version. The UK version comes with an equivalent plastic adaptor which fits standard 3/4 inch (19mm) threads found on most UK outdoor taps, as well as a rubber universal adaptor. But when it came to aquarium water changers, there were only a handful on the market. So, we decided to test all of them! Has anyone else achieved UK success with this? I can't believe it's so difficult to achieve something that should be so simple.

python water changer in the UK - October 2023 Top 5 python water changer in the UK - October 2023

Isn't there a way to solder the brass piece with the USA/NPT thread to a brass BSP thread piece? Even if it doesn't fit snugly the solder will fix it. When water change time comes, this system is very easy to use. I start by removing the thread-in aerator from our kitchen faucet. Then, I screw in the brass adaptor. Most of these parts are not really a build but just assembly, with exception to the fill device that goes in the aquarium. Let’s start with that. Some of it my fault, i didnt realise the tap would need to be constantly running (and at a high pressure too) to keep the water drawing down the pipe, i thought once it was going i could shut the tap off but i guess the pipe length just means that's not possible. So much water wastage - and i'm on a water meter too! Despite this, the hose that came with the Deep Blue Hydromaxx was perhaps our favorite of all the water changers we tested. No matter how much you kinked, twisted or stomped on the hosing, it returned to its original state in seconds.ThePython 7.5m No Spill Clean and Fill Gravel Cleaner will drain as well as fill aquariums whilst ensuring that fish and other tank inhabitants remain undisturbed, The Python No Spill Clean and Fill Gravel Cleaner includes gravel tube, switch, hose, faucet, hose connectors and pump as well as faucet adapter. A saw to cut the PVC piping to length : I simply used a hand saw freehand. If you wanted to get more precise you could use a mitre box. We were pleased that Python decided to include a brass faucet adapter – it’s much less likely to strip than plastic ones with repeated use.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment