276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Body Shop Vitamin E Lip Care SPF15

£5.995£11.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

D-panthenol is a form of vitamin B5 that can help draw moisture into the skin. It’s known to help with wound healing, skinregeneration, and cell renewal. It also helps relieve dryness and capping. If you’ve been following it for a while, you’ll know that I often add it to many of my homemade skin and hair products. For the liquid oils, you can use whatever you have on hand, even common kitchen oils like olive oil or coconut oil work well. When I first published this recipe, I used sweet almond oil and jojoba oil for the liquid oils in the recipe. This year, I opted for a combination of St. John’s Wort oil and rosehip oil as they each have beneficial healing qualities. The butter

If you’re looking for a luxurious lip balm to apply before bed (you know, the kind that reminds you of one they’d use at a spa), this is a great choice for you. Not only is it luxe, but it’s really effective, too. I’ve often seen people suggest using raw honey in homemade lip balms, but I suggest that you don’t use it. Honey, while self-preserving on its own, can make other products more difficult to preserve. Because it’s a water-based product, it won’t combine well with the other ingredients and will eventually separate from them. Vitamin E (tocopherol) is an antioxidant that can help extend the shelf life of your lip balm when used at around 0.5% of the recipe by weight. Antioxidants help protect against free radicals which can damage cell membranes. Our lips are vulnerable to environmental damage and climate change. The restorative power of Vitamin E can protect the lips by revitalising skin cells and strengthening its natural defensive barrier. Repairing Now that you have gone through the list of products, let’s take a look at a few points you need to consider before buying a vitamin E lip balm. How To Choose The Right Vitamin E Lip Balm

Adjusting the recipe

Lip balms made using annatto powder (left) and alkanet root powder (Right). I also added more wax to make a harder lip balm that would have more staying power. Shades: If you’re someone who likes combining steps and getting both color and moisture out of your lip products, a tinted lip balm is the way to go. Look for a formula that comes in several shades so you can be sure to find one you love. Our favorite is the Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm. Yes. Vitamin E lip balm improves blood circulation, promotes healthy cell regeneration, prevents sun damage, and makes the lips softer, while a regular lip balm only moisturizes the lips. Therefore, vitamin E lip balms are more effective than regular lip balms. SPF: Sunburned lips are super common — and super painful. Dr. Engelman recommends lip balms with SPF 30 or greater to protect the delicate skin on your lips. Just be careful to avoid chemical sunscreen (as well as fragrance, alcohol and salicylic acid) which can actually further irritate lips.

Like with honey, d-panthenol is water-soluble. By adding moisture, albeit a very tiny amount, to the final product, you are making it more prone to microbial growth. After a bit of investigation, I found a recipe online from a Spanish natural products company that uses d-panthenol. While they do sell natural preservatives, they didn’t recommend one for their recipe. While my gut feeling is that a drop or two of d-panthenol won’t add enough moisture to warrant needing a preservative (or even an emulsifier), I have never done a microbial test on a lip balm made with d-panthenol. Allergy test: Any part of your body should not be allergic to anything you apply to it. As much as vitamin E is suitable for most skin types, make sure you are not irritable by it at all. If it irritates your skin, do not apply it again without the consultation of a doctor. Rich in antioxidants, mango butter is soft and has a smooth and creamy texture that I prefer over shea butter or cocoa butter. In reality, you could even just rub pure mango butter over your lips and/or irritated skin in a pinch. You can use vitamin E oil lip balm as often as needed to keep your lips moisturized and healthy. It is recommended to apply it at least twice a day or whenever your lips feel dry or chapped. This healing lip balm is simple and effective. With just four ingredients it yields almost 20 tubes of a lip balm that heals and protects.Your lips are unlike any other skin on your body. For starters, they don’t produce the natural oils that keep the rest of your skin supple, and while the rest of your body has 15 to 16 protective layers, your mouth has only three to four, says GH Beauty Lab Director Birnur Aral, Ph.D. If you’d like to harden the lip balm slightly, you could also add a small amount of cocoa butter to the recipe, adjusting the recipe, as needed, to get the desired texture. The wax Olive oil- Olive oil contains an anti-ageing antioxidant. It also carries high healing and soothing property. It is priced at Rs 450 for 4.2 gram of product. My Experience with the Body Shop Vitamin E lip balm Apart from the citrus oils, some other oils, like petitgrain, marigold, lemongrass, and verbena, among others, may also cause photosensitivity. Vitamin E

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment