276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Heating Pad, Menstrual Period Pain Relief Heating Belt, Fast Heating Electric Period Cramp Relief Device, Back or Belly Heat Pad for Women and Girls, 3 Heat Levels & 4 Massage Modes

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The first commercially sold disposable sanitary pads were introduced by Johnson & Johnson in the late 1880s. They were called Lister’s Towels, were made from gauze and cotton, and were held in place with (yes you guessed it) a sanitary belt. 8. Tampons

Below are images of tampons from Minor Surgical Gynecology: a Manual of Uterine Diagnosis and the Lesser Technicalities of Gynecological Practice: For the Use of the Advanced Student and General Practitioner, by Paul Fortunatus Mundém, published 1880. These tampons are for medical use. Sometime in the late 19th Century, concern grew around the notion of whether bleeding into one’s clothes was healthy and sanitary. One German doctor wrote in the book Health in the House: “It is completely disgusting to bleed into your chemise, and wearing that same chemise for four to eight days can cause infections.” Around this time, a report in the British Medical Journal described a new tampon-like device to be inserted into the vagina, though it’s not clear if it was meant to be used for periods. As concern about the environmental impact of disposable products grows, many are returning to reusable organic methods, like the menstrual sea sponge and silicone cups (though both have been associated with cases of TSS (10, 12, 13). As people with periods learn more about our options, we are able to take our health into our own hands, making the best decisions for our own bodies and lives. While women have always been intimately involved with the development of period products, female entrepreneurship continues to grow in this market. Excess Gut Fungi Linked To Severe COVID-19 Infection: Study Says They Cause Lasting Immune Changes Researchers identified that an abundance of fungi in the gut, particularly strains of Candida albicans yeast, could trigger an increase in immune cells, which could worsen lung damage. The first menstrual cups were made of aluminum or hard rubber; now, they are typically made of silicone (2).

Night 2

From A Manual of Bandaging: Adapted for Self-instruction, by Charles Henri Leonard, published 1876: I crammed a fresh pad between my legs, and I went upstairs to make the granddaddy of all menstrual monstrosities: the Hoosier sanitary belt. The menstrual belt effectiveness was great, and again, I had no leakage. My flow actually seemed to be incredibly light. I’m not sure if it was the change up in products I was using or just an unusually light cycle. But either way, I was happy. Sanitary towel belts are designed with comfort and skin-friendliness in mind. The belts are typically made from soft, breathable materials that are gentle on the skin. They are adjustable to accommodate different waist or hip sizes, ensuring a comfortable fit for each individual. Sanitary towel belts offer discreetness and boost confidence. The belt and pad combination creates a streamlined and secure solution that is not visible under clothing.

Period blood held plenty of different meanings in ancient cultures, and was often used as a “charm” of sorts based on a belief that it had powerful abilities to purify, protect, or cast spells. In ancient Egypt, the Ebers Papyrus (1550 BC) hinted at vaginal bleeding as an ingredient in certain medicines. In biblical times, ancient Hebrews upheld laws of Niddah, in which menstruating women went into seclusion and had to be separated from the rest of society for seven “clean” days. Overall, I think the OBI belt was really helpful with soothing my period symptoms and letting me go about my normal routine during a painful day when I otherwise would've just wanted to curl up in a ball. Here are my honest thoughts on it: Because there were still a lot of cultural, societal, and religious concerns around using tampons, pads remained the sanitary product of choice for many women until the 1960s and 70s. Medical opinion was divided on whether tampons were safe to use, and many people believed using tampons would break the hymen - this is a myth! Today tampons are one of the most popular period products available. 9. Super-absorbent tampons

Normalizing periods

By providing flexibility in pad choice, women can continue using their preferred pads while enjoying the benefits of the belt. With its focus on comfort and skin-friendliness, the sanitary towel belt prioritizes women’s well-being during their menstrual cycles. Cleaning a sanitary towel belt is relatively simple. The belt can be hand-washed using mild soap or a gentle detergent. Rinse it thoroughly and allow it to air dry. Avoid using harsh chemicals, fabric softeners, or bleach, as these can damage the belt’s material. Can I wear a sanitary towel belt during sports or physical activities? Can be rechargeable cordless or mains-operated devices. These range from wrap-around belts to pads that appear merely to be a small section of an electric blanket. You can even buy electric heating pads with a TENS or massage function. The belt eliminates these issues by keeping the pad securely in place, allowing women to move freely without worrying about potential leaks or pad movement. Like menstrual cups, they are a cost-effective and environmentally-friendly option as they can be washed and reused over and over again. Today there are loads of choices when it comes to style and absorbency levels, including everything from thongs to full briefs. Did you know you can even get period swimwear if you’re concerned about swimming on your period? Normalizing periods

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment