276°
Posted 20 hours ago

KODAK EKTAR H35 Half Frame Film Camera, 35mm, Reusable, Focus-Free, Lightweight, Easy-to-Use (Sage) (Film & AAA Battery are not Included)

£24£48.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Because you can’t adjust the shutter speed or aperture for these cameras, you need to be aware of when to use your flash! The simple, fuss-free operation of the camera makes it the perfect choice for anyone who wants to have fun capturing candid photos of their friends and family. Unless you like that look (which it can definitely be used for some cool effects), then you will always have to take photos with the sun outside of the frame. I usually then suggest to press the shutter button and wind the film on, that way you’ll know that the film is actually attached.

Kodak Ektar H35 Review | PCMag

And if you find that your scanning tends to leave certain films with a hint of blue, expect more of that with Ektar. I don’t really see a big drop in quality because it’s a half frame and to be honest, if you’re looking for a camera like this then this is probably the kind of look you’re going for. We reviewed the Lomography Simple Use Film Camera a few years back; it's still available and is offered with a few different types of film pre-loaded. This stunning camera shoots images using just half a regular 35mm frame in portrait format, doubling the capacity of each roll. You simply press the shutter button on the top to take a picture, then once you’ve taken it you can wind the film on and you’ll be good to take another one.It further stretches our dollar by being a half frame camera, which means we spend half the money on film and development costs, since it makes two pictures for every one standard frame of film. Check out the detail in the closer hay bale vs the wide version of the same scene in the photo below, for example. I’ve already reloaded it, and armed with the lessons I learned from the first batch of 72 shots (get closer, for god’s sake), I’m confident I’ll continue to have a lot more fun with it.

Ektar H35 Film Camera - Preview Magazine Review: Kodak Ektar H35 Film Camera - Preview Magazine

Once you can see the film is winding on, then you’re good to go, close the backup and you can start taking pictures! The flash won’t overexpose the images, since the flash is powered to perfectly expose film between ISO 200 and 400. When I got my first roll back from my Olympus PEN I was initially a bit disappointed with the results. However, I did realise that I’d forgotten to bring batteries when I first took it out, rookie mistake! It was manufactured in 25, 100 (replaced the poor selling 125 in June 1991 [4]), and 1000 ISO formats.I’ve spent ten years repairing scientific instruments in a previous job, so fixing the fault was a zero-point-three on the one-to-ten difficulty scale. This shot by Alex McKenna (published here with permission) demonstrates the flaring that’s common with the H35’s plastic lens. If you do find yourself without enough light, or you want to compensate for backlit subjects, you can always switch on the H35’s built-in flash, but don’t forget to release the shutter until after the red indicator lamp is bright on the back of the camera — it takes a moment to fade up to full power.

Ektar H35 half-frame camera Retopro announces Kodak-branded Ektar H35 half-frame camera

Now, with the recent boom in film cameras’ popularity, we have a new edition with the Kodak Ektar H35. The Ektar H35 half-frame film camera is officially licensed by Eastman Kodak and is the second product the company has produced under the Kodak brand; in 2020, Retopro produced a set of 1970s-inspired metal film cases. It’s so popular because you get twice as many pictures from the H35 than you do with a normal camera, thus saving you a lot of money! This will inevitably disappoint photographers seeking to make traditionally beautiful, high fidelity pictures.Great fun to pass around with friends and the half frame format means you get a lot of bang for your buck (I managed to get 55 shots on a 24 exposure roll - this will obviously depend on each roll but I got lucky). Plenty of light in this shot; I had no trouble scanning it and there are no colour corrections applied to this image.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment