276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ravensburger Star Wars Villainous Power of the Dark Side - Darth Vader - Expandable Strategy Family Board Games & Disney Villainous Worst Takes It All - Expandable Strategy Family Board Games

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

First unveiled in 2018, Disney Villainous: The Worst Takes All flipped the script in the world of tabletop gaming by allowing players to take on the roles of infamous evildoers from classic Disney animated films. That initial title was developed by Prospero Hall ( now part of Funko Games) and included Maleficent ( Sleeping Beauty), Ursula ( The Little Mermaid), Jafar ( Aladdin), Prince John ( Robin Hood), Queen of Hearts ( Alice in Wonderland), and Captain Hook ( Peter Pan). There was something for every kind of classic Disney animation fan — including compelling, card-based gameplay and a hefty dose of screw-your-neighbor-style competition. The Villainous series is now developed in-house and published internationally by Ravensburger. Not sure what game to buy next? Buy a premium mystery box for two to four great games to add to your collection! Buy Premium Box »

Destiny 2 director casually announces a change for The Final Shape that players have wanted for 9 years: shader icons that actually make sense A lot of this comes down to how unique each villain feels. Like so many of the Disney Villainous expansions, the characters here provide an experience we've not seen from the game before. Clone Wars staple Asajj Ventress has to complete mission cards inspired by the show, for instance, and these usually involve hunting down specific heroes for a reward. In Ravensburger’s latest addition to the popular franchise, players can take control of everyone’s favourite bad guys from the Star Wars universe and crush their foes with a great big grin on their faces as they go. A Long Time Ago…

Star Wars Villainous’ refined mechanics are enough to turn even the most virtuous of Jedi Knights to the Dark Side – sometimes it’s good to be bad .

When she’s not writing, you can usually find Sarah baking something delicious, hiking up a mountain, or playing video games. In much the same way, some Fate cards are brutal. If deployed correctly, these can really level the playing field and have opponents cursing your name. In one of my test-sessions, Vader was served with an effect that stops him using Ambition abilities (and thus winning the game) unless he discarded his whole hand of cards… which contained the very cards he needed to win. It was a delicious Catch 22. Similarly, another saw Kylo Ren hit with a well-timed Rey that reset a lot of the player's hard work. Basically, they add real spice to proceedings and give you some much-needed breathing room if you're falling behind. Corsair Virtuoso Pro review: 'an incredibly natural experience I'm yet to see replicated in another gaming headset'

Just by how involved my mission sounded, I thought it was going to be easier than my husband's. I did end up winning this first game, but it was a super close call. For fans of Villainous that feel as if they've seen everything it's got to offer, Star Wars Villainous: Power of the Dark Side should reinvigorate the franchise. Thanks to smart, well-thought out additions that build new spokes on the wheel rather than reinventing it, this is a breath of fresh air that'll make you excited to play again. As we near 4 million Villainous games sold worldwide, we are excited to expand the Star Wars Villainous ​galaxy,​ with Boba Fett, the most highly requested villain in the galaxy,” said Florian Baldenhofer, international category director at Ravensburger, in a news release. Star Wars™ Villainous uses the award-winning Villainous game system with added elements to fully immerse players in the Star Wars™ Universe. Deploy iconic ships like TIE Fighters as you engage with the Millennium Falcon. Use Ambition to power your Villain’s unique abilities. What are they from? Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith (he’s around for the whole war and only appears in the third movie). Also, the only explanation given for his constant coughing and wheezing came from the old Clone Wars animated series, which is no longer canonical.The result should be a set of oversized, sculptural game pieces that feel like part of the Star Wars universe. Star Wars boasts a most impressive roster of licensed tabletop games that can compete with the best space board games out there, and Star Wars Villainous is no different. It’s the latest core game in the much-loved Villainous series that launched in 2018 with Disney Villainous and subsequently Marvel Villainous (2020) alongside a plethora of expansions.

Certain cards have a Cost showing an Ambition symbol in the lower left of the card art image, indicating that the card can only be played using an Ambition action, and by spending that amount of Ambition. Overall, I was incredibly pleased with this latest instalment to the Villainous franchise. I’m a huge fan of both Star Wars and Villainous, so when I heard Ravensburger were developing Star Wars Villainous: Power of the Dark Side, you can imagine my excitement. I’m pleased to say it did not disappoint.The only thing that differs between players is their villain’s unique objectives. For example, all eight of General Grievous’ Lightsaber Tokens are positioned away from the Sector and in easy reach as the Separatist commander will have to collect them throughout the course of the game. STAR WARS VILLAINOUS: PLAYING A GAME It's always an excellent service with brilliant products at a very competitive price - will use again!

If you’re only interested in receiving the newest games this is the box for you; guaranteeing only the latest games! Buy New Releases Box » Whether you’re gaming with your family, friends, or a group of Star Wars™ fans, Star Wars™ (Power of the Dark Side) Villainous is a great fit. Enjoy beautifully illustrated cards and sculpted Villain movers, each incorporating your Villain’s weapon and featuring a unique pattern. If you enjoy the Star Wars licence there are lots of other games to consider but they’re all very different from Villainous and most are as much, if not more, complicated. Perhaps the most accessible is Star Wars: X-Wing, where you fly ready-painted models of iconic ships in deep space dogfights. It looks great and plays great but be aware that it’s the thin end of a wedge, with eye-popping numbers of additional ships available if you want them. Star Wars Villainous is a fantastic entry in the Villainous board game series. The game’s 10+ age rating may prove a little optimistic for younger players as Ambition and Vehicles do add an extra layer of strategy to the classic Disney Villainous formula, but that’s certainly not a bad thing. Star Wars fans and existing Villainous players will lap up the on-point branding and additional depth.On a turn, the active player moves their character to a different location on their player board, takes one or more of the actions visible on that space (often by playing cards from their hand), then refills their hand to four cards. Cards are allies, items, effects, and other things. You need to use your cards to fulfill your unique win condition.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment