276°
Posted 20 hours ago

I am Oliver the Otter: A Tale from our Wild and Wonderful Riverbanks

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I am the youngest of six children. My childhood was crowded and noisy and loving. My siblings and I were a gang, which I loved – everywhere I looked I could see a brother or sister.

Pam Norfolk, Lancashire Post As well as featuring stunning pictures by illustrator Nicola O'Byrne, the book issues an important plea to children to help look after waterways and free them from pollution. It is sure to delight children aged two to 10.Oliver, a solitary otter, enjoys swimming and scampering along the waterways. His life changes when he encounters an otter named Ottilie among the green rushes. Their bond grows into friendship and eventually parenthood, changing Oliver's once solitary existence. My mother went into domestic service at 14 and hated it. It was the only option open to her. She had been offered a scholarship to a good school. But her own mother was widowed, with five children, and couldn’t afford to equip my mum to go. It was sad for her. She was capable of a lot more, in my opinion. If you're coming to Coles by car, why not take advantage of the 2 hours free parking at Sainsbury's Pioneer Square - just follow the signs for Pioneer Square as you drive into Bicester and park in the multi-storey car park above the supermarket. Come down the travelators, exit Sainsbury's, turn right and follow the pedestrianised walkway to Crown Walk and turn right - and Coles will be right in front of you. You don't need to shop in Sainsbury's to get the free parking! Where to Find Us

I’d like to be young and lustrous. I’d rather not look like such a craggy old bird. But there’s not much you can do about getting older. Raff loved hearing about Oliver the Otters life on the river and the different animals within the same family! He loves facts and so was fascinated the entire time. If I’m proud of anything I’ve done in my life, it is that I have overcome terrible fear to perform things I’ve written in front of big audiences. Because I won a TV talent show in the 70s, I went from performing my poems and songs to small, friendly audiences in pubs to braving paying audiences of thousands in huge theatres. It was a terrifying transition. My advice for any poet is that you’ve got to be brave and perform your work. The more you do it, the more you can do it. I am Oliver the Otter intermingles poetry and facts to foster discussions about nature, conservation, and the significance of maintaining clean waterways. It encourages readers to think about how human actions can affect wildlife and underscores our responsibilities towards preserving their natural habitats. The book was not only signed but came with a lovely poster which contained Nicola’s beautiful illustrations and some of the other facts!!

About the Author:Pam Ayres was born in Oxfordshire, and has been a writer, broadcaster, and entertainer for over forty years. She is the author of several best-selling poetry collections, including The Works, With These Hands, Surgically Enhanced and You Made Me Late Again! Many of her poems are in school textbooks around the world including the UK, USA, China, Australia, New Zealand, Holland, South Africa, Ireland and Singapore. Pam’s autobiography, The Necessary Aptitude, was the UK’s bestselling female autobiography of 2011. Pam performs her solo stage show throughout the UK, and has toured Australia and New Zealand regularly since 1978. She is one of a select few female comedians to have played the Sydney Opera House Concert Hall. She has appeared at many Literary and Arts Festivals throughout the UK including Hay, Cheltenham, Edinburgh Fringe, and overseas in Hong Kong and Dubai.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment