276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sage the Dose Control Pro Coffee Grinder Electric, BCG600SIL, Silver

£84.475£168.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If espresso is your go-to coffee drink, then you will need an espresso grinder to create a truly fine grind. The non-slip aluminium body has a distinctive look and feels with a sturdy design that fits comfortably in the hand.

Disclaimer: Whilst we work hard to provide correct information for products, all information displayed may not be 100% accurate or up to date. If you're doing this, you may as well leave them in the bag and just leave the bag open, as the hopper (any hopper, not just the hopper on the Sage grinders) doesn't protect against the environment. This is why blade grinders and also the cheapest burr grinders I mentioned earlier that have these flat “grinding wheels” aren't ideal, as both of these options will (from my experience) create a wild range of particle sizes. The razor is something that can be used as you are learning how to dose and grind coffee for your espresso machine, hopefully once you get a feel for grinding you should be able to pull a shot of espresso without using it.

Our team are always happy to help and are very knowledgeable with our range of products, and so will definitely be able to clarify any queries you may have. There are hundreds of different types of coffee brewing methods around the world that we have failed to include in this chart.

I’d just use a pressure that feels like the most pressure you can reasonably apply each time without having to twist your body and throw your weight into it. Stainless Steel conical burr grinder efficiently designed to minimize grinding heat and protect the essential oils in the coffee bean. This guy is old school, the dose and the grind size are controlled manually with dials on the front and a collar beneath the hopper. If you are new to grinding your own coffee, you will soon realise that there is no perfect grind setting and different beans will require adjusting the grind size (even the same beans may require adjustment as they age).Grinders that can cope with much harder beans often have a much higher powered motor, and a gearing system that transforms the motor power into torque, and all of the componentry would usually (hopefully) be sturdy enough to cope with grinding much lighter roasted beans. Dose Control Pro Grinder makes our list of burr grinders for espresso due to its grind control and build quality.

Considering each espresso shot weighs roughly 20g that’s around 20 shots of coffee (minus a little for dialing in your shot). If you’re wanting to savour the robust flavours of your freshly grounded espresso, then a more expensive coffee grinder can help you craft espresso similar to skilled baristas.Filter coffee machine and drip coffee machine are general terms for any electrical coffee brewer that uses a percolation or pour over mechanism. I'm James Bellis, and I have over ten years of experience working in the coffee industry before I created Balance Coffee . This is a slightly less expensive grinder than the Sage Smart Grinder Pro, which makes it one of the best cheap espresso coffee grinders to get. The exterior design is robust and manufactured with quality materials that can withstand a couple of knocks, exactly what you would expect from this kitchen appliance giant. Meanwhile, the lid and handle unit is securely attached to the axle, ensuring that your hand does not slip when grinding.

You can mod them to add a worm drive adjustment, but if you have a look for the Lelit Fred, this is essentially the same machine already modded, although these kinds of grinders aren’t as good for jumpming from one brew type to the other. I hear from people who drop their internal setting to 3 or even lower, one reader told me they'd taken it to 1. Each coffee will have a slightly different grind size and the age of the coffee will also affect the end result. An espresso grinder doesn't just grind beans for espresso; it also plays a crucial role in distinguishing between a top-class, unforgettable shot. The "Sage the Dose Control Pro Grinder" is an excellent choice for those who are willing to make the higher financial investment.

Depending on what your routine, equipment, method and technique is, your grind size requirement will vary. But I first wrote my Sage Smart Grinder Pro review back in 2016, which at the time of writing is nearly 7 years ago! If spending a few hundred pounds on a coffee grinder is a bit over the top for your budget, there are some lower-cost options that will produce a good cup of espresso and will combine well with any machine that doesn't have an integrated grinder. If you are looking at purchasing your first coffee grinder or you have started to take coffee a little more seriously and you’re in the market for an upgrade then read on.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment