276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Whimsical Stitches: A Modern Makers Book of Amigurumi Crochet Patterns: 1

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In Whimsical Stitches, author Lauren Espy shares patterns for a number of super cute, easy to make creations. I crocheted all the pieces in one sitting and embroidered and attached everything in a second sitting.

Whimsical Stitches: A Modern Makers Book of Amigurumi Crochet

The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet, 2nd Edition: The Essential Reference for Novice and Expert Crocheters … Instructions for 220 Stitch Patterns (This is the best book for crochet beginners in my opinion. In Whimsical Stitches, Lauren Espy has created a truly adorable collection of unique and colorful designs that are perfect for any occasion! The patterns are small and work up quickly making it a great collection of patterns to make as gifts (I’m thinking a donut ornament perhaps! Beginning with the basics of specific materials needed, basic stitches, and adding features to finished projects, Espy combines photographs and clear explanations to guide the novice or the expert.If you’re new to amigurumi, the simplicity of the layout and illustrated explanations of each stitch and technique will have you creating adorable items in no time at all. Lauren has me at ladyfinger cactus to accompany the prickly pear and barrel cactus in a never to kill arrangement. I have made the turtle, whale, and jellyfish patterns so far and I'm happy with how my projects turned out. Her unique way of starting a “Magic Ring” to begin a project is so easy and works beautifully, creating a smooth flat surface. I was recommended this book early on in my crochet learning by a wonderful TikTok user that I enjoyed watching (he also makes really interesting crochet patterns).

Whimsical Stitches Download - OceanofPDF [PDF] [EPUB] Whimsical Stitches Download - OceanofPDF

If you ever revise your book please included really basic step by step for an absolute beginner project ( maybe even a video). The five fun themes in the book (In the Garden, At the Aquarium, Down on the Farm, At the Bakery, At the Market) allow you to crochet everything from a personified piece of pie with a cute cherry on the top to a trendy succulent planter! This book is great for beginners, but also is a advanced crochet book too because of the range of stitches it includes. When I'm not crafting or baking, I'm usually on some sort of adventure with my husband, Carl, and our two pups, Thunder and Storm.As long as you give peeps like Espy credit for the pattern, you can spread these “tails” as far as your yarn will let you! It had been a long time since I had tried to crochet anything, but the clear directions and the charming photographs inspired me to try. The book does not claim to be a beginner book ( so I won't minus a star) but it's an instructional manual for crochet and making dolls.

Whimsical Stitches: A Modern Maker Book - The Crochet Crowd Whimsical Stitches: A Modern Maker Book - The Crochet Crowd

This book shows more than the recent ones how to crochet but it’s still confusing and I need to watch videos or get a more basic book that describes the movements between steps. Here is a quick description and cover image of book Whimsical Stitches written by Lauren Espy which was published in June 12th 2018.She even shares her technique for changing yarn colors to create a single color stitch while crocheting in continuous rounds. This crochet book has detailed patterns, instructions and pictures to help you crochet the cutest food ever! I embroidered the eyes onto my cake because that’s just me, but she would have looked just as cute with safety eyes.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment