276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Katadyn Pocket Water Filter

£150£300.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Everyone has a different comfort level for how much they carry with them. If you’re wanting a water filter for day trips or weekend hikes, something small and easily portable is more up your alley.

Cleaning pump filters is a slightly more intensive process, as you'll need to unscrew the apparatus and either remove the filter or extend a brush down the interior. Instructional videos are available online for almost every product on our list, and you should expect basic maintenance to be part of owning and using a water filter. If you’re not keen on keeping up your equipment, you can always opt for more carefree models like the SteriPen or chemical treatments like Aquamira or Potable Aqua. I have also used the steripen as a stand alone system when I know that the water is not going to have chemicals or large contaminants, i.e. a fast flowing cold water mountain stream. I do have a high degree of confidence in this system, but also understand the limitations and points of failures (dead batteries, broken UV lamp, etc.). The Sawyer Mini uses the same technology as the first Sawyer Filter system, except in miniature. You can use the filter as a squeeze system to filter water for later, or as a straw by attaching it to the top of most standard sized water bottles.For extended trips or times when you’ll be setting up camp for at least a night, a gravity filter is an excellent way to get clean water without needing to put in much effort yourself. Just set up the filtration system, and let gravity do the work for you. Coffee Filters. The larger coffee filters, 12-cup size, will work best! I carry two filters for every day I expect to be on the trail… i.e., 3 days/6 filters.

The 1 liter flask is lightweight and collapsible, so as you drink more water you can continue to roll up the bottle so it takes up less room. It also has a wide-mouth opening, so you can fill it from faucets, lakes, streams, or rivers with equal ease. However, you won’t be able to carry any pre-filtered water with you and typically the filters aren’t replaceable meaning that these models have a much shorter lifespan. Size Made with few movable parts so simple maintenance, and with improved hand ergonomics so easier to pump. As you saw above, it was made mainly with aluminum. Some other components have been made with plastic.Even with all the new technology being used to develop great water filters, it’s never a bad idea to consider a good-old reliable pump filter. The ceramic micro-strainer in the Katadyn will dutifully do its job to take out any protozoa and bacteria in the water. You can also attach the filtration unit to bottles with a 63mm wide-mouth; if you don’t already have a bottle this size, you’ll need to buy one, but it is a nifty feature nonetheless.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment