276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Letshuoer S12 in-Ear Earphone14.8mm Planar Magnetic Driver in Ear Monitors HiFi Wired Headphone with Detachable 2Pin Silver-Plated Monocrystalline Cable for Audiophile Musician(3.5mm, Grey)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Fit is comfortable but the shape of the earpieces does not aid isolation a great deal. In short the earpieces do not blot out everything but the isolation is not bad. The LETSHUOER/SHUOER S12 most likely found itself in the number two position behind the Timeless. The original S12 still sold/sells well due to one thing. Technical resolvability in relation to price (less money than the Timless) plus the S12 fit many folks better than the strange-round 7Hz Timeless shape. The LetShuoer S12 is the company’s latest In-Ear Monitor that is features a pretty large 14.8mm Diameter Planar Magnetic Driver, which is located inside a 5-axis CNC processed Aluminium Alloy Monitor shell that is equipped with a 2-Pin connector interface.

Shuoer S12 - Reddit My thoughts on the planar FOTM - the Shuoer S12 - Reddit

The S12 Pros paired beautifully with my Xduoo MT300, hybrid tube amp. On my Littlebear B4X, the treble was incredibly good and the mids forward, but the definition on the bass suffered a little, it was nontheless a pleasant sound but, what you need to remember is that getting the right pairing for you is what is important. With a near reference tuning and a good suit of technicalities, the bass is one of the S12 PRO strongest points.

COMPARISONS​

Above all else, the timbrel accuracy, and decay of notes puts the S12 Pros at the top of my list of Planar Magnetic earphones……so far. Do not hold me to it in this fast changing environment. Continuing from the increase in upper midrange presence, the treble is quite splashy and thin. Brass instruments can get intense but are dynamic enough to scale well through dispersion and a wide sense of playroom. When I first started reading about LETSHUOER immediately I thought to myself: absolute gangsters. They make the craziest IEMs just because they can. This time we will take a look at their recommended daily driver, the S12. Also, there’s gonna be so many puns yall gonna understand why I’m going to die alone.

S12 Pro Edition Review » MOONSTAR Reviews LetShuoer S12 Pro Edition Review » MOONSTAR Reviews

Treble: Treble performance on the S12 is good and a bit brighter than the Timeless. I sound like a broken record, but I prefer this enhancement as it increases the amount of perceived detail and steps percussion forward in the mix. I didn’t find the S12 to be fatiguing as a result, which just shows how well-tuned it really is. Increasing treble is a common way to give the impression of more detail, but in this case, I think Shuoer has succeeded in actually delivering it, while also raising the dB on the high-end. The LetShuoer S12 shows a pretty transparent and spacious midrange atmosphere thanks to its pronounced upper midrange tuning. The level of clarity, airiness and detail retrieval is on a pretty good level, which will satisfy most listeners. FWIW, I'm streaming everything from Qobuz through a SMSL Sanskrit 10th Mk2 and amplified through a Drop+THX AAA-789. Balanced cables only. I know that's kinda overkill for IEM's but I wanted to make sure I wasn't running into the limitations of a USB dongle. My friend “Dsnuts” and I were a little late to the S12 party. His review should be next to mine in this parlay of personal interpretations. We know that a few possible tone adjustments were offered with this anniversary edition S12 PRO. There maybe has been a slight treble and midrange tailoring, bringing those frequencies more in-line with the communities wants and needs. We also recognize the modular cable as being a plus for sale ability and practicalness. The added change of the S12 PRO color becomes the determining factor as to model, along with the pressure release ports. But what if it was possible to take the tone in an even better direction, a way to smooth out the LETSHUORE S12 PRO into an even better IEM? Would that be a good thing? Strangely “Dsnuts” and I were interpreting these cable rolls simultaneously at the exact same moment, on the exact same day, and coming-up with the exact same conclusions, often independent of each other. What’s the odds of that? At times two reviewers getting the same IEM (at the same time) to review is normal, yet to do cable rolls on the same day on different sides of the world is coincidence…..to say the least. But both of our findings is no coincidence. What we found is the included cable (while totally great) is not the very best inclusion. Nope.The selection of tips makes it easy to find a comfortable fit. It comes with three sets of silicone ear tips (small, medium, large) in softer and firmer silicone. There are also three pairs of foam ear tips for better isolation. At the rear surface of monitors are the L (Left) / R (Right) markings, the model branding and the serial number of each In-Ear Monitor. We have also insider information that points to this as well as indirect evidence from upper harmonics measurements. Apparently, this OEM driver has been catching dust on the market for quite some time. However, timbral accuracy is more natural on the Zetian Wu, and the Zetian Wu have a lighter shell and are more comfortable. Where to Buy

Shuoer S12 – In-Ear Fidelity Shuoer S12 – In-Ear Fidelity

The soundstage of both IEM’s offers a sufficient level of performance in terms of separation & placement of instruments and vocals. The stage of the 7HZ Timeless is a tad deeper, while the sense of airiness and wideness is pretty similar. The midbass region of the S12 is slightly more highlighted compared to the subbass area. It shows a decent sense of depth and impact when called upon, while the clarity and resolution is quite enough for a product at this price range. I didn’t notice any remarkable negative conditions such like muddiness or mixings when I have listen to songs like Gogo Penguin’s “Raven” or Charly Antolini’s “Duwadjuwandadu” that do have some complex bass passages.Hz Timeless - To my ears, the 7 Hz Timeless have not grabbed my attention as much they did others, I still believe they are good and demonstrate good use of Planar Magnetic drivers, but for melodic presentation, they did not grab my attention.

Shuoer S12 - my thoughts (vs. Timeless, Blessing 2 - Reddit Shuoer S12 - my thoughts (vs. Timeless, Blessing 2 - Reddit

The aluminum housings are pretty minimalistic and feature a matte finish. Build quality is top-notch. The shells are fashioned from a five-axis CNC (computer numerical control) process, with a small L and R circle on the housings denoting the left and right sides respectively. Female voice remain articulate and lean, but are more forward and intimate, and a tad brighter, livelier, and spicier than in the Timeless. Vocals have a perceived higher energy in the S12, which plays them softer and therefore with lesser note definition. They are more prone to sibilance and shoutiness with unfavourable sources in the S12, but this has not been a problem for me. Inside of the S12 is LETSHOUER’s first-ever custom pair of 14.8mm planar drivers capable of pushing a respectable frequency range of 20Hz up to 20kHz. the s12 stumbles a little in the treble - high hats and cymbals don’t have any edge to them and i’m particularly treble sensitive so i can’t imagine how it’d be for someone less so, female vocaloids ie miku on kill jill sounds fine, just fine, which is what i got from both the timeless and the s12 The Zetian Wu are technically inferior, with fuzzier imaging, less micro-details, way-blunted edge definition, and worse instrument separation and micro-details. The Zetian Wu have a more marked mid-bass bleed with a less textured and slower bass.There is plenty of energy here and a touch of brilliance but only as much as is needed for giving a shining and luminous character to the sound never crossing the point to harshness and stridency.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment