276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lomography - Konstruktor DIY Kit

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A basic pinhole camera is a light-tight container with a tiny hole at one end, and a piece of photo-sensitive material at the opposite end. Then, once you've put it together, you can head off and start taking photos straight away making sure you're ready and able to snap the milestones (or just your dinner, if that's what you like to take photos of!

I once helped my brother build a 1930s-style twin lens reflex camera from one of these kits, so the idea of the Konstruktor wasn't totally alien to me.Like a piece of origami, the inter-leaved, inter-locking cardboard box design unfurls itself to reveal the components neatly compartmentalized before us. As long as no other light can enter the box, the light that shines in through the pinhole will create an image on the film. Fortunately, a metal screwdriver is provided out of the box for the application of the tiny screws provided for assembly, negating the need for glue, which would have made a couple of the build stages impossible to undo and re-do to finesse. The Konstruktor is a perfect rainy-day project for anyone, but for some it could be the first step toward a new passion.

It may take a little bit of work to figure out how long to expose the film, and you might create a few different pinhole cameras before you find one that really works for you. For reasons unclear, one plastic frame of camera parts is labeled with the prefix A, while the second frame has parts labeled with the prefix P. It looks for all the world just like a once-popular PhotoJojo TLR kit that seems to have been discontinued. Part of the charm of it is the unpredictability, and looking back on the photos a couple of weeks later they certainly do have a “Lomography” feel to them. Frustrating as many of its stages were, they made things all the more satisfying when I got to apply the finishing touches by picking my own stickers and leathery grip.

Not the chewy, chocolatey kind sadly but these cookies are useful to help show you relevant content.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment