276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Corrupt (Devil's Night Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It had a touch of that “Cruel Intentions meets Gossip Girl” self-indulgent, rich kid drama that I struggled with too much to love it. Boy-men with that much power? I don’t care how much money they have. And I know books are supposed to be a fun escape and I should have just gone with it, but this… these frat-boy types? I’m just struggling with the fact that they are this level of badass. Had they been older, real men with experience and true position of power (politicians, law enforcement, or part of the mafia, or MC men, or I dunno… bad guy killers-for-hire), yes… I would have believed it. You can kidnap her mother, burn down her house, steal all her money and threaten her physically. That’s all cool. The one thing she would never forgive you for is if you don’t take her out on a date!! I won't go into too much detail, but I will say that the guys do so extremely f*@ked-up things to Rika. The story tip-toed around some very dark topics, without ever really going there. Just when you thought for sure that something really bad was going to happen, Rika would get a miraculous reprieve somehow. So, while it is disturbing on some levels, it is much milder in comparison to many darker vengeance tales.

BOOK REVIEW: Corrupt by Penelope Douglas : Natasha is a Book BOOK REVIEW: Corrupt by Penelope Douglas : Natasha is a Book

Rika,” he whispered, sounding desperate as he grazed my bottom lip with the tip of his tongue. Tingles spread over my face, and I felt higher than I ever had. “When you think about me…‘sometimes,’” he added with amusement in his tone—he knew I was lying—“show me what you do to yourself.” The opportunity is too good to be true as well as the timing. Because you see, three years ago she put a few of my high school friends in prison, and now they’re out. Stephanie: Just finished Corrupt by Penelope Douglas. WOW! This book is major intense. It’s different and I had a hard time reading some of it. As the big confrontation is happening, I was feeling some serious anxiety. Didn’t know how far it would go. Overall I did enjoy it and would love to read a follow up with Kai and Will.

i only remember a few things from this book like the fact that my hatred for betraying body syndrome originated here and the infamous steam room scene I don't know what it is about Penelope Douglas, but boy can she write some seriously compelling, Grade A Asshole, people. Three years ago, curious little Erika Fane wanted to play with the boys, so we indulged her, and she betrayed us. There was no way we'd forget.

Corrupt read free novels online by Penelope Douglas in read Corrupt read free novels online by Penelope Douglas in read

I’m not playing your games. You were wrong.” I crossed my arms over my chest. “You want to know what I’ve learned? I don’t win by playing your games. I win by making you play mine.” Jen C: I finished Corrupt last night and I’m right there with you all – massive book fog. Loved that book so so much – Ms Douglas did it again!! The characters, the writing, the story and character development, the ending. Everything was so on point for me! Before we start this thing, I have to say this. I love PD. She wrote some of my all time favorite books (Taylor Marek, I’d let you be the senator of my state every day and twice on Sunday) and she is, without a doubt, an amazing writer.So freakin childish and annoying LMAO I'm sure my opinions will change as I get further into their stories but as of now And have I mentioned she’s so freaking beautiful??? Your eyes will legit hurt if you look at her for more than 3 seconds. Drowning Pool, Three Days Grace, Five Finger Death Punch,” I continued, “Thousand Foot Krutch, 10 Years, Nothing More, Breaking Benjamin, Papa Roach, Bush…” I paused, exhaling nice and slow despite the way my heart drummed. “Chevelle, Skillet, Garbage, Korn, Trivium, In This Moment…” I drifted off, peace settling over me as I looked up at him. “You’re in everything.” I’m not going to kid glove you here, there are parts of this story that are hard to read. There are things that happen that made me say ‘Hold up- that is taking it much too far’. Michael and his friends aren’t always nice guys. They’re more bad than good a lot of the story (but that doesn’t stop me from wanting more of them… I want a Kai book so bad!!!) If you read this book, be prepared to have your limits pushed. It’s not a pretty story, it’s not a happy story, it’s a story about two messed up people who find solace in each other. It’s more of a hate story than a love story. It’s a story of revenge and just how far you will go to get that vengeance you crave. Love this story, hate this story, either way know that this story will own you. It will stay on your mind for days. It really messed me up in the best way. If you love a dark romance and are looking for a hate/love story that’s twisty, INTENSE and sexy this is one I recommend! Her arrival sets in motion a plan of vengeance with dire consequences. But neither Michael nor Rika are prepared for the attraction and sense of belonging they feel. Sexual tension mixed with his anger and ruthlessness and her ignorance and reservations.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment