276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Straight Up

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

One of the many personal details Ruby wasn't sure about including in Straight Up, she tells Susie Ferguson, is that by the time she was four she didn't want her mother and father to be together.

That July Tui was member of the team that in San Francisco won the 2018 Sevens Rugby World Cup. [48] 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games [ edit ] I felt like I was Dad’s bro, his mate, and that’s how he always treated me. I didn’t understand that I was any different to him, that I was just a child. I didn’t see any difference between me and Lesh, even though she was five years older than me. Congratulations to winners of Book Industry Awards". Publishers Association of New Zealand. 25 July 2023 . Retrieved 7 September 2023. New Zealand sevens squads named for Rio 2016". World Rugby. 3 July 2016 . Retrieved 25 September 2023.

As she writes the next chapter of her life, it’s perhaps best to cite another of her training bag mantras: “I take control of the pressure. I let go of my stress and I find my excitement.” She's all in with everything that she does and she doesn't hide behind anybody. She'll put in the work to do what's needed.” She's excited about playing at this month's Women's Rugby World Cup and hopeful New Zealand crowds will break the world record for attendance at a women's rugby game. She speaks openly in the book about her parents and upbringing. Why they weren’t right for each other – and Tui recognising that herself when she was only a young girl.

At the trial she was put through various fitness, rugby skill and character assessment activities. [22] Of the 800 who attended a trial, Tui was along with Michaela Blyde, Gayle Broughton, Sarah Hirini, Tyla Nathan-Wong and Portia Woodman) among the 60 deemed promising who attended a training camp at Waiouru in mid-2012. [23] Tui impressed the selectors to be among the 30 who then attended a second training camp at Waiouru. [23] In between she had played tag rugby and despite having no Māori connection competed in that year’s Te Waipounmu Maori Rugby Tournament. Sometimes a cliche but mostly an inspiration. We are going to give tis book away to young people doing the Award in our Christmas giveaways. I’ve got a surprise for you, Dad said one day. I was 11 years-old. We were driving around in his van, and I just looked at him. OK . . . And he dropped a bombshell. Rugby Sevens - TUI Ruby". Tokyo 2020 Olympics. Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games. Archived from the original on 31 July 2021 . Retrieved 31 July 2021.

Custom Sizing

This memoir by Kiwi Rugby Sevens player Ruby Tui & NZ singer Stan Walker's memoir Impossible: My Story employed the same ghostwriter, Margie Thomson. & both books to me feature an amazing theme of the ability to forgive people in their childhoods who have done them both a great wrongs. Ruby Tui with the Rugby World Cup - won in an extra-tense final against England. Photo / Hannah Peters, Getty Images If you go to a rugby tournament [overseas] and sing ‘Tūtira Mai Ngā Iwi…’, about six people in the crowd turn around and go ‘Aue!’ That’s how you can find the Kiwis. So, it’s always been in and around rugby life to me. There was no doubt in my mind it would work.

Tui is looking forward to getting out of managed isolation and celebrating her win with her partner Dani Fennessyand her family. In 2012 Tui completed a Bachelor of Arts Degree, with a major in Media and Communication and another in English. [79] a b Lewis, Penny (2 October 2022). "Rugby star Ruby Tui: 'It's incredible how when you flip shame, it can turn into service, and really help other people.' ". NZ Herald . Retrieved 23 November 2022.After expressing interest, Tui was invited to play, so she donned her newly acquired boots and joined a team. One fan posted on social media: “Men’s rugby can learn a lot from Ruby Tui. Her enthusiasm and originality is f***ing infectious … legend.” Following his appointment as head coach, Allan Bunting organized Kelly Brazier, Kayla McAlister, Sarah Hirini, Niall Williams, Tyla Nathan-Wong, Ruby Tui and Portia Woodman into a leadership group.

I needed an escape, and I needed to feel like I fitted in somewhere, and I found that by drinking with Dad and sorting drugs with Hailey and their friends. In 2023 Tui used her sabbatical to play in the United States for the Golden State Retrievers in the Premier Rugby Sevens (PR7s). One of the team's assistant coaches was Mere Baker, who had been one of Tui's earliest Sevens coaches.

Sign In

In January 2019 she played in the invitational Fast Four tournament in Hamilton. These were her first international Sevens appearance in front of a home audience.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment