276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Glasgow Game

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Build a factory, and you'll receive more goods from it when other buildings are constructed in the right areas in relation to it; build a train station, and you may or may not score from it depending on what else you build; build a monument, and you'll merely collect a lot of points — and in the end, points are what matters.

The game, which involves between 20 – 40 participants, provides a structured way of investigating strategic questions, making use of intelligence from Understanding Glasgow and tapping into the experience and knowledge of participants.As soon as train stations appear it becomes a battle of who gets it and then a battle of trying to stop that person from scoring it. Glasgow takes a few mechanics which work really well in a two player game and utilities them near perfectly. Once built, each building belongs to one of the two players and will reward that player with more goods or end game points should their scoring requirements be met. Offering the latest gaming releases and a range of classic must-haves for Playstation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch. The Glasgow Game in a box is an offline 'board game' type version of the Glasgow Game, which is available on request from the Glasgow Centre for Population Health.

Me my husband my 2 fifteen year old sons and my 17 year old daughter, my sister and brother in law came to. You can navigate the action ring as fast as you like, but the faster you go the more actions you give away to your opponent. Been here many times with my daughter, but this was my sons first time on roller skates, the staff were amazing with him, didn't get the guys name sorry, but by the end of the 90 mins my son was confidently skating away, will definitely be back.Overall Glasgow is a game which I greatly enjoyed my time with, however the power of certain building combos leads to a certain play-style being dominant over our games. Special thanks to the staff member who was working in the arcade area, made my daughter feel right at home and couldn’t be more welcoming. Glasgow uses what is commonly referred to as a “roundel” system, where each player advances around a ring of spaces, taking whatever action they land on. In the beginning of the game, the city grid is undefined and players can add buildings wherever they want. All the building, contracting, and architect tiles are made of sturdy cardboard punch outs, and the merchant meeples are good quality wooden meeples.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment