276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Wild Robot: Volume 1

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I read this book over the summer, and knew I absolutely had to share it with my Grade 4 class. They were absolutely enthralled! Thank you for writing a book for middle schoolers that seems to recognize that they are intelligent, capable thinkers. We had so many fabulous discussions and are hoping for a sequel. This is such an odd, original, thought-provoking and heartwarming tale. The book is a meditation on what it is to be human and, at the same time, an incredibly fun adventure. Readers will lose their heart to Roz and it’s a truly gripping read. The illustrations are also enigmatic and beautiful. She is still learning to be kind all the time, to be helpful, to sit still when she needs to, to behave quietly when at church. Roz is a futuristic robot that washes ashore on a deserted island. From there, a tale of survival and discovery begins.

With my writing rules and my story maps and my research and my notes and my sketches in tow, I drove out to a cabin in the woods, brewed a pot of coffee, and opened my laptop. There was nothing left to do but write. P.S. When I read the book to the students, of course, I have to read the characters with different “voices.” It makes it more fun for the students, but also for me. Chitchat’s voice is higher pitched & non-stop with hardly a breath taken. Dig Down’s voice is low, along with Mr. Beaver’s. Brightbill’s voice is full of wonder, curiosity, sometimes hesitance, sometimes sadness/troubled, sometimes confidence. Roz’s voice is flat & sounds more computerized, with less natural expression, until she starts to try to sound more friendly. (Students love that).

Wall-E meets Hatchet in this #1 New York Times bestselling illustrated middle grade novel from Caldecott Honor winner Peter Brown Peter, OMG, my wife , daughter and I read this out loud at night w/ the dog and we LOVE IT !! We’re reading the series for the 2nd time and would LOVE to buy The Wild Robot Tshirt(s) – the illustrations are awesome! How do we buy them?

I have just finished reading , ‘The Wild Robot Escapes’ for my grandson. He was reading his paper edition to me, before Covid hit.

Keep up to date with your professional development

This is a brilliant resource that your children can use throughout the chapter to make notes. This ensures children are engaged and actively participating and reflecting on the story.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment