276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kodak Portra 400 35m 36exp Film Professional 5 Pack

£44.125£88.25Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The modern iteration of the Kodak Portra film was heavily designed for scanning. So it will translate into digital very well. Kodak Portra 800 wasn’t designed for scanning: it’s got a more classic look to it. Overall, Kodak Portra 400 film is a high-quality film that is perfect for photographers who want to capture beautiful, lifelike images with natural skin tones and excellent colour reproduction. It works because nothing in the image is overdone, yet nothing is bland either. I assume, since I never shot them, that it’s like they took the differing attributes of the NC and VC versions and somehow got them to work together.

KODAK Portra 400 Professional ISO 400, 35mm, 36 Exposures KODAK Portra 400 Professional ISO 400, 35mm, 36 Exposures

So here are a few comparisons, I tried to match the used lens, time of day that the photos were taken, and viewpoint with respect to the sun. They are not exactly the same, sometimes even different, as I didn’t take the exact route for my photography expedition each morning. But I am confident that there are enough similarities for a fair comparison. I rated Ektar at box speed or EI 100 (after reading this and this), and I rated Portra 400 at EI 100 too. I metered with the iPhone app myLightMeter PRO. The top photos in the comparisons are taken with Portra, the bottom ones with Ektar.The new Portra 400 Film is the world?s finest grain high-speed colour negative film. At true ISO 400 speed, this film delivers spectacular skin tones plus exceptional colour saturation over a wide range of lighting conditions. Bei Langzeitbelichtungen unbedingt "reciprocity failure" beachten. Ab 3 Sekunden muss mehr Belichtung gegeben werden, das ist bei nahezu allen Negativfilmen der Fall. Hier ein Auszug: Pro Tip: the latest emulsions of Kodak Portra were designed to be scanned. We recommend Portra 400 more than almost anything else out there. It’s an incredibly versatile film in terms of exposure latitude – so much that Cinestill doesn’t even provide a fixed box speed to it! They do however give a suggestive ISO rating of 200-1600, which allows you to shoot in a multitude of light settings. As someone who shoots film, doesn’t develop it myself, and likes to get good results, that’s more the kind of stuff I care about. Kodak can worry about how they make the film. I’m just very grateful that they do.

Portra 400 Vs. Lomo 400 side-by-side — is Portra worth the money? Portra 400 Vs. Lomo 400 side-by-side — is Portra worth the money?

We view Portra 160 as the most comparable to Cinestill 50D. Both films are low ISO, have fine grain, and made for detailed daylight shooting. The main difference here would be the color reproduction of both films. Portra 160 would achieve real, true to life colors with warm tones heightened, whereas Cinestill 50D would lean towards changing those warm tones to cooler blues with accentuated reds.For 35mm film I use Kodak Portra 160 and for medium format film normally Kodak Portra 400 and more recently Fuji Pro 400H again. Kodak Portra is said to produce the best skin tones and I did agree but now I am starting to prefer the pinky-green tones of Fuji Pro 400H vs yellow-orange tones of Portra. 35mm Kodak Portra 160 is much cheaper than 135 Fuji Pro 400 and sadly Fuji Pro 160NS is only available in 120 format (not 35mm). Leica M3 + Leica Noctilux 50mm f1.0 + Kodak Portra 400 film portrait Film Portraits – Wedding Portraits Even when shooting in difficult conditions such as overcast or a dull winter’s day, Portra 400 holds up pretty well. It’s well know that overcast it’s really the best conditions for color landscape photography, however depending on the scene you can still make it work. If Portra is what you have loaded in your camera, don’t worry about it. The Lomo 400 keeps its warm cast, while the Portra 400 is brighter and more neutral overall. Streetlight test The same streamlining happened with the ISO 160 Portra a year later, while the ISO 800 Portra was only ever available in a single version anyway. And Lomography is also one of the few companies that are actually innovating in the film photography space, so supporting them may just help the company to produce their own color film in the future.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment