276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hill Orange Creams Biscuits 150 g (Pack of 36)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The biscuit itself is a simple shortbread dough, only it doesn’t have any vanilla because it gets coated in a sweet glaze. If your kids are old enough, get them to help you zest the orange. We normally use the small side of our grater but you can use a zester if you have one. Take pieces of dough and roll them into balls about the size of a walnut / ping pong ball. I normally give my kids the pieces of dough so they get the right amount and let them roll them into balls.

From jaffa cakes and hobnobs to bourbons and custard creams, you won’t be able to get enough of these treats. Jump to Recipe Orange biscuits These orange biscuits are a simple butter biscuit with a zing of orange flavour. They’re a great, easy bake to make with kids. Pretty silly all around if you ask me! All I know is that these are soft, sweet, and wonderfully rich, thanks to all that chocolate. Vanilla biscuit base: Simply mix together 5.3 oz biscuits and 1/4 cup of melted butter, and press into the bottom of the glass. Shortbread is quintessentially Scottish, and they’re very proud of it. I don’t blame them! I think it’s about as perfect as a biscuit gets.Put them on your prepared baking tray then get your kids to press them down gently with their hands or a fork.

The Orange Cream can be stored in the refrigerator. Wrap the glasses tightly with plastic wrap, and store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. The Orange Cream can also be made in advance.

Party rings are so comfortingly British, and just the thought of them will leave you with serious nostalgia. My kids also enjoy getting their hands a little bit messy and with this recipe they can do just that. Rolling the biscuit dough with their hands and pressing them down is a really fun but simple job even young children can help with. It’s super unique to British-style baking, and I haven’t been able to buy the stuff in my local grocery stores. So, I just make my own, and it’s easier than you think. Mix the zest and flour in until it is well combined. The biscuit dough will be quite stiff at this point. Divide the dough into quarters and roll each quarter into a sausage shape, about 10cm/4 inches long and 4cm/1½ inches wide. Slice each log into 6 equal pieces; you will have a total of 24 biscuits. Make sure each biscuit is a circle shape, then press it down slightly with your hands and place it on the prepared baking trays.

Fit an electric mixer with the paddle attachment and sift the flour, baking powder, custard powder and icing sugar into the bowl. Mix to combine then add in the cubed butter and mix until the ingredients look like fine sand. Believe it or not, there’s been a lot of controversy around the classification of this 1920s creation. Get your kids to juice one of your oranges until you have about 1 table spoon’s worth of juice. We got enough from one quarter of our orange. Add it to your mixing bowl.

Where we typically use molasses to add flavor and texture, our friends overseas almost always use golden syrup (or treacle). Mix it all in until the biscuit dough starts to come together. You might find it easier to do the last bit with your hands, just to bring all the crumbs together. When you have it ready to go, these hobnobs are delicious. They’re oat-flavored but not soft like an oatmeal cookie, and there are no raisins in sight.

Custard Creams can be easily shaped by hand. Follow the simple steps below for delicious bite-sized biscuits. Despite the name, there’s no alcohol in these biscuits. Instead, they get their name from where they were invented and the hometown of the inventor, Bourneville, and Bonn respectively. Melt in the mouth Custard Creams perfect with an afternoon cuppa. These delicious homemade biscuits are so simple to bake you'll never want to buy shop-bought ones again!Bake the orange biscuits in the oven for about 12 minutes. They’re ready when they have started to turn a nice golden brown colour. Pour in the milk and vanilla and bring together into a dough. Remove the bowl from the mixer and knead the dough gently in the bowl with your hands. Flatten the dough into a disc but take care not to overwork it. Cover the dough with clingfilm and put it in the fridge to chill for one hour. In the end, McVitie’s won out with their argument that the genoise sponge turns hard if these are left out, whereas biscuits would usually go soft. Biscuits are taken very seriously across the pond, and they’re best served with a steaming hot cuppa (cup of tea).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment