276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hush Hush - Fog of Love - Board Game

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Fog of Love is a game about a relationship and how satisfied your character is in the relationship. Most things you do in the game will influence this. Once the number of scenes played reaches this number and the player has drawn new scenes, the chapter ends (as explained later, don't count unrevealed secrets or minor scenes in the number of scenes played). There were minor details that didn’t sit right with me,” she explained. “Not enough to make me not enjoy the game, but enough to make me feel uncomfortable. It was as if the game was meant for someone else.” From my side, I enjoyed Fog of Love, but I’m not the kind of person that brings anything from the gaming table home with me. I can see why people are divided on this game. It will bring up real-life decisions that could hit close to home. It’s up to you if you could have fun with it, and take it lightly in pursuit of your fictional characters’ love interests.

Some scenes have unique effects. Together they are called special effects scenes. The special effect is specified on the scene. A relationship simulator that blends the heartwarming and awkward experiences of being in a relationship. “A hilarious and often touching experience.” - tabletop gaming magazine I wrote about this tumultuous period in The Settler’s Cookbook, a memoir of migration, love and food, recently reprinted. In September, I read a section from that chapter at a book festival and more than 20 people came up afterwards to describe how they too had been betrayed and broken by partners they trusted. You are playing the story as much as you are playing the characters. Whether you fulfill your characters' destinies or not at the end is, therefore, less important than the story you have created together.When placing the card, try to tell what it was about this feature that your character fell for (e.g., "When we first met, I immediately noticed your 'broad shoulders' and knew you would be the kind of person I'm looking for"). Read the card out loud. Then make your choices and resolve any additional effects. How to resolve these will be explained below.

At the end of the game, at the finale, you will have to choose a single final destiny; this is the destiny you will try to fulfill in this story.At the end of the game each player will be committed to an end objective, these may be complementary, allowing you both to win together. Though it's quite possible that even then only one, or neither of you managed to reach your goal. As you get further into the game new objectives are added which can make the game competitive, though you don't know if your partner is going for these objectives or not! Amy’s Thoughts

Fog of Love is a fascinating game. It's extremely well produced and a very novel idea, but it does leave you questioning what you just played. There are definitely going to be people who hate this game for the role-playing aspect of it. If you go into Fog of Love simply trying to win at all costs then your characters will act schizophrenic, which can actually make the game harder to play as your partner doesn't have any idea how you will reach to an event. Storytelling can be as much of a pro as it is a con depending on the types of games you both enjoy playing. I couldn’t see myself playing this game with anyone I wasn’t close to. This is a game that tells a story. The more you infuse the game with your own imagination, the more rewarding it will be.

Of course, living isn’t free, so you’ll need to choose an occupation too. It doesn’t make a whole lot of difference from what I’ve seen playing, but it makes roleplaying amusing. At the end of the game, personality tokens are the way you fulfill trait goals. Fulfilling trait goals gives . Each character will have preferences for choices made in the game. These are represented by traits that have trait goals. Even though you are representing your characters and acting on their behalf, you are also playing from a more 'godlike' position, exposing the characters to fun and crazy experiences. It’s a bit heavy to set up, but the rulebook has you covered on any pieces you may be confused about. I’m mainly excited for you to flip through the scene cards. Some are so absurd, you’ll be questioning your problem resolution skills.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment