276°
Posted 20 hours ago

KRK KNS 8400 Studio Reference Headphones

£174.995£349.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

On top of that, I live in an old apartment building with thin walls, and I didn't want to have to worry about bothering neighbors in the middle of the night. The earpieces rotate forwards through 90 degrees for storage or packing, though this doesn't really make the phones any smaller. Since they're so comfortable, and so well suited for a variety of uses, both in and out of the studio–tracking, editing, mixing, general listening–they'll quickly become your favorite headphones!

Along with their little brother the KNS 6400, the KNS 8400 are KRK's first foray into the headphone market. KRK 8400 Headphones provide a precise listening experience that takes you from personal studio to commercial studio to on-the-go track evaluations. Comfortable acoustic memory foam pads with premium leatherette covers provide exceptional comfort over long listening sessions.When I bought my 8400's, I did not have a headphone monitoring solution and instead relied on my Ultrasone HFI-780's if I needed cans.

It does cause very mild discomfort to where I find myself adjusting the position of the headband occasionally during longer periods of use. I'd highly recommend these headphones to anyone else that's looking for an affordable headphone monitoring solution.These headphones provide a noticeably different listening and soundstaging experience than other headphones in their class, one that's likely to win over musicians from some other headphones costing much more. With a maximum SPL of 124 dB, they're capable of providing all the level you'll ever need while remaining clear and detailed sounding, with very low distortion. Utilizing the latest in acoustic foam technology ensures class leading performance in both reproduction and isolation. The excellent isolation performance also lets you focus on the music, without distraction from external sounds.

KRK Headphones provide a precise listening experience that takes you from personal studio to commercial studio to on-the-go track evaluations -- and they allow you to accurately enjoy your music with the consistent voicing philosophy and honest reproduction top producers, studio musicians, performers and engineers have come to trust. These things are as comfortable as my old Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro's, which were the most comfortable headphone I've used. In contrast, the KNS 8402 has a more extended and beautifully smooth high frequency response, very usable low frequency extension, a slightly subdued lower mid range and a present but not hyped upper mid range. This closed-back around-the-ear design brings you closer to your music, and the highly isolated surround pads give you the freedom to immerse yourself in the sound without having your monitor mix escape into open microphones -- and keeps live instruments out of what you are monitoring. One feature that sets these KRK’s apart from most other headphones is the separate cable with dedicated volume control that also serves as a cable extension.To repair the inner wire with these seems like a stupid configuration with holes etc the wire has to go through and still withstand friction from hard plastic pivoting on it. The KRK KNS 8400 Headphones - with their ability to reveal exactly what you have on the tracks is an ideal choice for critical listening. In fact they've held up better than most studio equipment I've owned, so perhaps once again I'm reminded of the old adage, appearances can be deceptive. Like the other reviewer noted, I would've preferred a coiled cable by default (the provided cable has sufficient length, but because of that it is easily tangled). Utilizing the latest in acoustic memory foam technology ensures class leading performance in both reproduction and isolation.

I liked my Sony's a lot, was always amazed at their detail and accuracy (at the time), but didn't want to go through the cost and trouble of repairing them. With a very strong upper mid range…the low bass and extreme high end are certainly present…their comfort and punchy sound should make them very useful in a tracking situation, as all rounders for the studio, they definitely deserve consideration. Overall, this refresh has clearly impacted the KNS 8402 the most and this now has a slightly different sonic signature and an overall more professional look. My usual closed-back headphones are Sony MDR 7509s, which have a much softer frequency balance, and although I still think they're great, I've come to realise that they have a few blind spots (or perhaps that should be deaf spots? The KNS 8400 -- with their ability to reveal exactly what you have on the tracks is an ideal choice for critical listening.

Since I didn't have spare Litz, and there wasn't enough slack, and I didn't really trust it because there was just enough slack to get the ends to touch the solder point but for some reason I couldn't get it to conduct even after burning the outer wrap and scraping to clean copper), I used some thing ~1mm dual strand copper wire I had spare, and the 8400s held up for about 10 months but then suddenly stopped and I see where the wire exits one of these stupid swivel hole areas it rubbed itself apart. Less comfortable than Beyerdynamics because of their smaller headband and pads size so you need to try it on your head before purchase. Listening to golden age hip-hop production was a surprising experience, I noticed deep 808 kicks placed beneath the drums that I hadn't clearly discerned before. What they do provide is a trustworthy studio tool that you can always come back to check your mixes in a familiar and reliable audio environment, wherever you are.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment