276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nursies When the Sun Shines: A little book on nightweaning

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Getting ready for sleep is tons of fun in this special anniversary edition of a Sandra Boynton classic. Katherine C. Havener JD IBCLC CLC is a Board Certified Lactation Consultant, a Certified Lactation Counselor, and a retired La Leche League Leader. She is also an attorney. She is the mother of four girls whom she proudly breastfed for a total of ten years. She lives in Northern California. Each image focuses on the family bond, especially the one with the mother who is narrating. A soft, dreamy touch from watercolours compliments the atmosphere of sleep and love. I think reading it for quite a while before night weaning did help Lily (and even me!) with the idea. Night feeding is not an easy thing to give up, but I knew when I was ready, even if she wasn't quite.

Condition: Very Good. Burrier, Sara (illustrator). Very Good condition. A copy that may have a few cosmetic defects. May also contain light spine creasing or a few markings such as an owner's name, short gifter's inscription or light stamp. Bundled media such as CDs, DVDs, floppy disks or access codes may not be included. Three earnest animals and one misguided turkey learn about colors, clothes, and getting dressed in this Sandra Boynton classic board book. Nursies When the Sun Shines is a godsend to parents of nursing toddlers, exhausted from late night wakings for milk. Beautiful watercolor illustrations and a sweet, lulling verse help young children understand the concept of night and day. Night time, the book explains, is for sleeping. “Nursies,” on the other hand, happen when the sun shines. In Nursies, a toussle-haired toddler is snuggled up in bed with mom and dad, ready to go to sleep for the night, the family’s grey striped cat snoozing soundly at their feet. When the toddler wakes at night for “nursies,” mom shows her baby that it’s dark outside, and assures baby that she’ll have nursies when the sun shines. Later, with brilliant sun streaming through the window, the toddler knows it’s time for nursies. The book closes with a heart-warming illustration of a nursing family: the toddler, nuzzled up to mama’s breast, daddy kissing toddler’s head, and even the family cat purring a love song. Nursies is a groundbreaking children’s book, the first-ever to focus on night weaning. Its goal is to facilitate communication between parent and young child, thereby making the process of night weaning as gentle and easy as possible.It was easy enough to substitute our word for Mama's milk in for nursies, and I also found myself adding in what the Daddy was doing (he's shown in bed and falling asleep, etc. but is not really referred to). My name is Katherine Havener. My book is Nursies When the Sun Shines and it’s a book that is meant to help moms communicate with their toddlers that nursing is for the daytime and that nighttime is for sleeping.

A simple book to help mothers night wean their toddler. An unnamed mother sings to her young one about when it is appropriate for "nursies".The artwork is beautiful - my son loves the last picture showing a child feeding, and the ones of everyone in the family bed, and... all of them really! Everything about the book is thoughtful: the child is not gender-specific; the words are pitched perfectly for our nursling children. Easy to adapt 'nursies' to whatever word is used in your family. This has truly been a no-cry night weaning method for my son (3.5 years). Little Critter is dealing with his little sister learning to use the potty in this classic, funny, and heartwarming book.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment