276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Underwater

£6.745£13.49Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Top 40 Official UK Singles Archive". Official Charts Company. 18 June 2011 . Retrieved 23 February 2012. BBC Music Magazine noted, “Einaudi’s last few albums have showcased him as something of a sonic visionary, creating thrilling aural tapestries in collaborative projects of varying scales.” Swordfish is introspective, bringing to mind an inner monologue. Combining a touch of Baroque and a hint of Mozart, it recalls a muted version of the theme from the classic film The Go-Between. The slightly surreal Wind Song’s powerful deep keys are in counterpoint with high chords, followed by echoing notes and gorgeous transitions to cascading tones. Richly dramatic, the piece is vaguely ghostly and might be a score for a romantic thriller. a b c "Ludovico Einaudi". Mainly Piano. February 2010. Archived from the original on 5 July 2011 . Retrieved 12 January 2012.

In a Time Lapse". AllMusic. Archived from the original on 19 September 2020 . Retrieved 12 April 2013.Experience: The Ludovico Einaudi Story, a new podcast mini-series, also launched in 2021 starring celebrated filmmakers including multiple award-winning actor and director Russell Crowe ( Gladiator), Oscar-winning director Chloe Zhao ( Nomadland), BAFTA-winning director and screenwriter Shane Meadows ( This is England), Academy Award winner Florian Zeller ( The Father), and multiple award-winning director Eric Toledano ( The Intouchables). The series explores what it is that makes Einaudi’s soothing minimalist compositions so perfect for these challenging times. Pingitore, Silvia (23 May 2021). "Interview with Ludovico Einaudi on writing music scores for Academy Award-winning films". the-shortlisted.co.uk . Retrieved 22 July 2021. In 2022, Einaudi released Underwater , his first solo piano record in 20 years, played sold-out shows across Europe and the UK, and was named Best Classical Artist at the 2023 Global Awards.

To summarise, this a beautiful score, and one which any late intermediate player (or above) who has enjoyed the album is bound to find genuinely rewarding. Closing Thoughts Einaudi was born in Turin, Piedmont. [4] His father, Giulio Einaudi, was a publisher [5] working with authors including Italo Calvino and Primo Levi, and founder of Giulio Einaudi Editore, [6] while his paternal grandfather, Luigi Einaudi, was President of Italy between 1948 and 1955. His mother, Renata Aldrovandi, played the piano to him as a child. [7] Her father, Waldo Aldrovandi, was a pianist, opera conductor, and composer who emigrated to Australia after World War II. [5] Featuring Einaudi's trademark melodies, the music was written whilst Ludovico was in isolation at his home in Italy. Working without any distractions or the usual commitments that come with his busy schedule, Einaudi said "I felt a sense of freedom to abandon myself and to let the music flow in a different way. I didn't have a filter between me and what came out of the piano. It felt very pure." A composer’s handwritten scores are always of interest, adding texture to our understanding of their music; happily in this instance the publishers have interpolated facsimiles of Einaudi’s manuscripts between most of the printed pieces.A player at late intermediate level (around Grades 4-5) would be able to attempt much of this music, while the early advanced player (at around Grades 6-7) would be able to communicate them with a full range of expression. The Publication But since when were inaccessibility or complexity the sole measures of quality in music? Seasoned musicians will always enjoy music that knowingly delights in artistic detail, but it is the approachable intimacy, effortless nostalgia, melancholic reflection and crystalline purity of Einaudi’s work which has so captured the affection of listeners around the world in these times, and understandably so. I think this music carries something airy, like it’s detached from the Earth, even though it’s made of feelings. But it flies high and brings you into a new dimension. I have a pretty abstract nature, far from the frenzy of daily life, and I’m happy that this attitude of mine gave me a “space” that I manage to share with so many listeners. Kelly, Sharon (14 August 2020). "Ludovico Einaudi Announces New Collection: 'Einaudi Undiscovered' |". uDiscover Music . Retrieved 30 August 2020. World-famous and highly popular pianist and composer Ludovico Einaudi has been consistently at the top of classical music charts worldwide. The maestro has authored the scores of many Academy Award, Golden Globe and BAFTA-winning films – recently The Father and Nomadland.

Sotto falso nome (Director: Roberto Andò) – Prize for the best film music at Avignon Film Festival 2004 (2004) Indian Yellow’ is a variation on the harmonies of ‘Natural Light.’ But, of course, it has a different character. It tells the same story but in a different way.” Procter & Gamble TV commercial Strong on YouTube for the Rio 2016 Olympics, "Experience" music for commercial. (2016) Jones, Catherine (2 March 2016). "Einaudi's Domino effect at Liverpool's Philharmonic Hall". liverpoolecho . Retrieved 31 August 2017.Ludovico Einaudi". Ponderosa Music. Archived from the original on 10 May 2009 . Retrieved 12 January 2012. Listening to his recording alongside the score, I noticed that Einaudi often includes lengthy pauses for effect, which aren’t specified in the notation. There are also passages where the publisher has retained patterns that in performance Einaudi himself truncates to create further space. I mention this not as a criticism per se, but to remind the reader of the importance of using any sheet music in conjunction with appropriate performance practices, understanding, and in this case the artist’s original recordings. The printed notation is generously spaced, which can only help the performer play the music with the spaciousness that it in turn deserves. As ever, Einaudi gives few performance directions, allowing the player considerable freedom to reimagine the music for themselves. No fingering has been included. In October 2009, Nightbook was released. The album saw Einaudi take a new direction with his music as he incorporated synthesized sounds alongside his piano. [10] The album was conceived and recorded in response to the German painter and sculptor Anselm Kiefer, as well as an exhibit space where Einaudi performed for a gallery opening for Kiefer. It was also inspired by the drums and electronics of the Whitetree Project, a performing trio Einaudi formed with Robert and Ronald Lippok of To Rococo Rot, a German electronic group. [7] In Italy, the album went Gold with more than 35,000 copies sold.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment