276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fox's Socks (Tales From Acorn Wood)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Overall I think Fox’s Socks is a fun, involving book that will keep children entertained however many times they read it. I grew up in a tall Victorian London house with my parents, grandmother, aunt, uncle, younger sister Mary and cat Geoffrey (who was really a prince in disguise. He was the illustrator for Julia Donaldson's first picture book, A Squash and a Squeeze - the start of a hugely successful partnership. Cupar seems to be really enjoying these at the moment and loves being able to get stuck in and interact with the book.

Everything rhymes and flows well together, so its good for keeping children’s attention and helping them to stay focused on the story. The only logical explanation is that Fox frequently comes home drunk and undresses throughout the house, stowing clothing in a most haphazard fashion. I used to memorise poems as a child and it means a lot to me when parents tell me their child can recite one of my books. There are only a couple of lines on each page that make it perfect for a toddler to read without getting too bored halfway through.One of my television songs, A Squash and a Squeeze, was made into a book in 1993, with illustrations by the wonderful Axel Scheffler. She was the UK Children’s Laureate 2011-13 and has been honoured with a CBE for Services to Literature. Another thing that remains ambiguous, is how the hell did these items of clothing end up in such unlikely places - under stairs, in sideboards, underneath rugs. Changed to from 4 stars to 5 stars based on a one-year-old’s immediate love for this book (and insistence on reading it four more times in a row.

Payments made using National Book Tokens are processed by National Book Tokens Ltd, and you can read their Terms and Conditions here.Discover more stories in the Tales from Acorn Wood series: Rabbit’s Nap, Hide-and-Seek Pig, Postman Bear, Cat’s Cookbook, Squirrel’s Snowman, Mole’s Spectacles and Badger’s Band.

We work separately - he’s in London and I’m in Glasgow - but he sends me letters with lovely funny pictures on the envelopes. Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item. Fox can't find his socks, and you must help him by lifting the flaps to see if his socks may be tucked away in cabinets, under rugs, or any other number of places, except you already know that they aren't there, and exactly what is, because this book gives it away every single time!

Fox’s Socks seems to be about the right length for a 1 year old to enjoy without being too long or wordy.

I hope you enjoy reading Fox’s Socks as much as we did, and if you have any suggestions for future books, please let me know in the comments below.Celebrate their unending appeal with Fox's Socks, a beautifully produced board book with a gorgeous shiny-foiled cover look. Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH). Along the way, he finds all sorts of different items of clothing - but what he really wants is his socks!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment