276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ferrero Rocher Original Milk Chocolate Bars and Hazelnut, Party Food, Chocolate Hamper, Milk Chocolate with Crunchy Whole Hazelnut and Cocoa Filling, (90g)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Similar to Guylian squishing seahorses into a chocolate bar, Ferrero Rocher balls are now available in flat 90g bars. But would the Ambassador approve? Let's find out. The bar doesn't hold up to my memories of Ferrero Rocher. The bar cannot create the same experience, and I think lending it the Ferrero Rocher branding probably doesn't help, as it raises expectations beyond the scope that the chocolate bar version can deliver. Opening the box, I was greeted by golden Ferrero Rocher branded foil. When I tried tearing into it, I realised it is a metallised plastic wrapper, which is great for freshness and appearance, but a nightmare for recyclability and a pain to break through. The golden clad bar ready to wow

I wasn't sure what to expect when biting into this bar, but it transpires this is a 55% dark chocolate bar with a "hazelnut and cocoa filling." Each segment contains a soft, crumbly heart of chopped hazelnuts and cocoa paste. There's no snap when portioning this bar, largely due to the pliable filling. The bar is portioned into 15 segments, each imprinted with the Ferrero Rocher logo or a motif that reminds me of a wild foraged truffle (I think it's supposed to be a design of a Ferrero Rocher). Fulfil has also breached the Dutch and Belgian markets, with sales in Australia and the Middle East accounting for a more modest share of turnover. It is also expanding in North America with Hershey. Ferrero already has a presence in Ireland with its TicTac sweets plant in Cork, where it employs about 270 people.But, the most important question needs answering. How does this compare to a Ferrero Rocher? Would the ambassador be proud? Honestly, no, not really. The bar format just doesn't do it for me. It doesn't taste nor look premium, and doesn't strike me as a logical bedfellow to the traditional Ferrero Rocher ball.

Sugar, cocoa mass, hazelnuts (12%), palm oil, cocoa butter, fat-reduced cocoa powder, whey powder, concentrated butter, emulsifier (soya lecithin), vanillin. Cocoa solids: 55% minimum (dark chocolate). Following the Mondelez-Grenade deal and the full acquisition of Kind by Mars a year earlier, Fulfil attracted attention from both private equity and trade buyers. The company was said to prefer the option of a privately owned family group such as Ferrero over other suitors. The deal will allow the Irish brand to compete on the global stage with Mondelez, which acquired UK high-protein bar Grenade last year, and Mars, which owns the Kind brand. The deal is subject to competition authority approval and is expected to close in the next few months.Founded in northern Italy in 1946, confectionery giant Ferrero create luxurious chocolate that is appropriate for all occasions. Today, the Ferrero family includes Thorntons chocolate, Kinder, Nutella and, of course, the range of beloved Ferrero chocolates! Tinker around the edges and perhaps replace the chopped hazelnuts with a oozing chocolate hazelnut spread and Ferrero might have stumbled across a new cult hit that could be marketed under the Nutella brand. But in a saturated chocolate bar market where hazelnut dark chocolate bars are plentiful, this doesn't stand out for me. Such an iconic gifting option, the Ferrero Rocher lends itself to a range of seasonal gift boxes that are ideal for showing loved ones what they mean. Lines such as Christmas gift sets and even the Ferrero Rocher Advent Calendar will undoubtedly cause excitement among shoppers and add an air of luxury to your shelves. The group’s success in breaking into the highly competitive UK market is seen as the catalyst for the Ferrero takeover, proving the case for Fulfil being more than simply a local Irish success story. Salmonella closure A segment of the bar is shown below along with a couple of hazelnuts, just to reinforce that this is a chocolate and hazelnut bar.

Ferrero’s sales in the year to August last were €12.7 billion. It employs about 39,000 people across 107 companies selling in 170 countries. As part of the transaction, the Ferrero Group will take over the brand's iconic portfolio and plans to retain the management and the employees of the business," the company said. Fulfil employs about 40 staff in Ireland and Britain. TicTac plant Fulfil is not its first acquisition in what is known as the "better for you" market. It acquired British cereal bars and granola maker Eat Natural in its last financial year.

Ferrero Wholesale

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment