276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Wild Robot Escapes (The Wild Robot 2)

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

And like I said before, this be categorized as middle-grade. Bah! Don’t let that stop ye! I don’t put age limits on things. Everyone should read about Roz the robot. She misses her animal friends and her adopted son (a little gosling) but she's realistic, her robot body is battered and dented. One of the most in-demand juvenile titles of 2018, The Wild Robot Escapes introduces new questions about the nature of conscious existence while revisiting ones raised by The Wild Robot. Can a robot be alive the same way as a human? Do circuits and wires have the potential to produce the spark of real life, or are they a simulant, fooling a robot brain into thinking it has emotions? If a robot deviates from the maker's design to engage with emotions that seem human, has that robot attained a higher level of being, or is it exhibiting symptoms of a glitch, maybe even a dangerous one? Roz the robot can't outrun the implications of her own existence, which is why she resigned herself to be captured and returned to human society at the end of The Wild Robot. She much prefers life on a remote island with animals, including her adopted son, Brightbill the goose, but Roz had no desire to endanger her furry friends whenever the next fleet of RECO robots would arrive to retrieve her. Phase two of her adventure is about to commence. I just adored that everyone had heard the tales about the robot mother and the goose son. How every animal (well, most of them) tried to help her as soon as she revealed who she was. We have read the Dutch translation of your first book and both me, my husband and our daughter loved it. Unfortunately this book is not available in Dutch yet, but let’s hope it will come. Thanks for all the joy you have given us while reading this amazing book!

The Wild Robot Escapes - The Free Library of Philadelphia The Wild Robot Escapes - The Free Library of Philadelphia

Thought provoking… Raises poignant quandaries about the nature of love and selfhood.”― Publishers Weekly The 4th grade class was reading this story and I took it out of the library to read and discuss this with my 4th grader…he actually asked me to buy him the book so he could read it over again…We are going to read all three and then I will buy them all for him. Your book is the first chapter book we have been able to follow and discuss. In your first book, I loved all the scientific concepts you have incorporated in the story…I started taking notes for a discussion. Peter has always loved telling stories. Growing up in New Jersey, he told stories by drawing whimsical characters and scenes from his imagination. Then, as a teenager, he fell in love with writing, and told his tales with words. While studying illustration at Art Center College of Design, Peter’s love of both words and pictures led him to take several courses on children’s books, and before long he knew he’d found his calling. Science fiction meets fantasy in this delightful sequel that gives readers a unique look into what technology could someday have in store. A must-buy for any middle grade collection.”― School Library Journal, starred review All in all, I am happy that I read this series, about a robot, her goose son, an island, and now an escape. I would highly recommend both books to everyone. Be sure to bring tissues though.The book poses some interesting questions (not just for children) regarding interpersonal relationships and how to live a fulfilled and well-balanced life while showing quite different surroundings. There are the cities, there are the farms and then there is the actual wild. Gradual steps from one to the other, all three with their own challenges, and it is up to the reader which they are more familiar with and which they like best. Peter Brown is a master storyteller to have written such a lovable story - so full of emotions and joy and sorrow. I had the first book read to me by my teacher, and she said there was a sequel. When I saw the 2nd book at Barnes And Nobles, and I knew I had to get it. When the escape started, oh boy, the book really got exciting and I just couldn't stop reading. Sadly, I had to as it was late and I had to get up at a decent time the next morning. But as soon as I had some time the next day I read, I read more, and I was rooting and cheering. Roz has some amazing help, and again, her skills of talking with animals and blending in with her environment really help her out. My books have all presented their own challenges, but no book has challenged me quite like this one. I had to develop a futuristic world, filled with futuristic technology and characters and settings; I had to make sure everything was believable and that the science made sense; I had to tell a story that readers could relate to, that was exciting and warm and honest, and use language that flowed when read aloud. There were so many considerations that it seemed like I’d never make it all work. But I just kept going. I gave this sequel absolutely everything I had, and I did so because of you, my readers. Your response to The Wild Robot was so incredible that I was determined to make this sequel meet your expectations. I hope with all my heart that I succeeded. I hope you enjoy The Wild Robot Escapes.

The Wild Robot Summary and Study Guide | SuperSummary The Wild Robot Summary and Study Guide | SuperSummary

You inspired me to write my own middle grade children’s book. My sons think it sounds “so much like Peter Brown”. I’m very flattered, but still working hard on the second book in the series, as I try to publish the first. Thank you for your inspiration. I am beyond grateful to you. Actually, my entire family is inspired by you. However, Roz had an earlier life (first book), and the life she had there - which I will not go into - is still part of her big robotic heart. (Yep, Roz has feelings, developed from the 'instincts' with which she was programmed.) She's existing in a continual tug-of-war between the farm, farmer and his children AND her earlier life elsewhere. My daughter loved the story as written, but I enjoyed that it also raised some interesting questions for us to talk about, like What is our purpose in life? What is home? Can you learn to solve problems without violence? We read a five little monkeys book and then over time wrote 4 sequels to that story. We put the monkeys into different situations, introduced cousins and aunts. Sequel to 'The Wild Robot' by Peter Brown, so I can't say too much that might reveal things about the first book, but...Will Roz stay on the farm? Will she continue to repair fences, herd cows, plant corn etc., and marvel, in her robot-way, at the wonders of nature, humans, existence here - or ... Eventually, the sketches were replaced with the final illustrations, and we got an even better idea of how the finished book would look

The Wild Robot Escapes…FINALLY! - Peter Brown Studio The Wild Robot Escapes…FINALLY! - Peter Brown Studio

The Wild Robot Escapes' is the middle-grade sequel to the 'The Wild Robot' both written and illustrated by New York Times bestselling children's author/illustrator Peter Brown. Both books received widespread acclaim, with the first winning and being nominated for many awards. Being different does not mean being defective, "Or else we're all a little defective." It's good to be in a place where you can truly be who you are at core and not have to hide aspects of yourself. "Every problem has a peaceful solution. Violence is unnecessary." When life is challenging, others appear who will help you. Love of family is abiding. I love this final chapter about Roz the wild robot and her son Brightbill! Heart warming and full of adventure.Fantastic sequel to the Wild Robot. Just as sweet and simple as the first, The Wild Robot Escapes did not disappoint! Roz has been rebuilt and is working on a large dairy farm. Typical of Roz, she befriends all the animals (and the children), but longs for her life on the island as a wild robot, especially her goose son, Brightbill. Her kindness to others results in them wanting to show her kindness too and help her return to where she feels most at peace. However, there are a lot of obstacles that stand in the way of that journey! This is just as good as the first. Roz finds herself working on a farm, but she dreams about returning to her island. She realizes the only way home is to get the assistance of the farmer’s children. Roz gets ready for her journey home yet has complicated feelings about leaving. This one seemed a little less 'shiny' than the first one and it took a while longer to engage with the story. It was at the end of chapter 8 when I read the words, "And in a single night, Roz became a farmer," that I settled in and felt engaged. The author writes about the positive results from being kind to one another and accepting each other in a playful and creative way that is sure to capture our attention and leave a lasting impression. Consider the following conversation between Roz and Jaya: The Wild Robot Escapes' follows on from where the last book left off - Roz has been captured and refurbished ready to be put to work on Hilltop Farm for the Shreef family. Typical of Roz, she befriends all of the animals on the dairy farm, not to mention the farmer's children with her outgoing personality. However, she longs to be reunited with her goose son, Brightbill. as well as the other animals from the island, and plans to escape. She is helped by a number of sympathisers but eventually is detained by the robot police and returned to the factory where she is reprogrammed to rid her of her personality which is deemed a malfunction. Will Roz manage to escape before they reprogramme her? Or will she be destined to serve humans for the rest of her days?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment