276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cystaid for Cats x 30 capsules

£11.425£22.85Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Cats have developed certain preferences over the years and some can have dietary preferences! Encourage them to eat by warming their wet food, which can lose its tasty aroma when kept in the fridge; room temperature may be sufficient. Give your cat some peace and quiet at dinner time as they often prefer to eat alone. Ensure their bowls are cleaned after each use and do not smell strongly of detergent. Cats with urinary tract problems, collectively called Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease (FLUTD), describes a variety of conditions that affect the bladder and urethra. Clinical signs include: Since putting our cat on a course of Cystaid Plus for Cats, we’ve not yet had to return to the vets and our cat is happy and healthy. He wolfs down his food even with the powder mixed in and he’s not had any problems going to the toilet.

We're 2 floors up and there has been a new cat outside, theres usually one hanging about, my neighbours feed it even though it has a home near by but recently there has been 2, i didn't think it would be the reason seeing as the cats don't come into our building and my cats don't go outside...but my hubby has just come home and said he thinks the cat outside was spraying against the cars so im guessing even though i can't hear it or smell it that my cats can. It is important to encourage cats to drink plenty of water and keep well hydrated. Keep food and water bowls separate. Place water bowls in multiple places around the house; avoid putting them near litter trays or in busy areas that your cat might not want to visit. 4. Height Most cats will normally have another episode, but there are steps you can take to limit this possibility. Stress reduction is the best way to prevent repeat problems. How can I reduce my cat’s anxiety or stress? When cats have cystitis it means that their bladders are inflamed. Feline idiopathic cystitis (FIC) describes cystitis which has an unexplained medical cause. It is a really common condition and is not normally a serious health concern, but can be very uncomfortable for your cat.

What are the symptoms of cystitis in cats? 

One capsule in the morning and one in the evening was recommended for the first month, after which we dropped the dosage down to one capsule per day. Wrapping up our Cystaid Plus For Cats review Large shallow bowls enable your cat to look around them when they are eating and drinking. Many cats also do not like their whiskers touching the sides of the bowl. A saucer is perfect as a food bowl; it allows access from any angle. It is also useful as a water but may be easier to spill when being filled! 6. Water sources Cystitis in cats is very common and easily treated with anti-inflammatory medication, but can recur FIC is more common in younger felines and episodes tend to reduce with age. FIC is different from a bladder infection, bladder stones or more serious urinary tract conditions, but can often present the same symptoms. What causes feline idiopathic cystitis in cats? Edit, just found out the new cat is un-neutered but does have an owner in our street, i guess its attracted by the food my neighbour leaves out.

Your vet may have recommended a prescription diet. Cats with urinary issues often benefit from a diet that keeps the urine at a specific pH. The aim is to stop crystal or stone formation within the bladder or kidneys. Examples include: Royal Canin Urinary, Hills c/d or Purina Proplan UR. Cats with kidney disease also benefit from a diet that is low in protein and phosphorous. Examples include: Royal Canin Renal, Hills k/d or Purina Proplan NF. Make dietary changes slowly. Symptoms range between cats, but typically the following are a sign of something wrong with your cat’s waterworks: Instructions: Initially administer two capsules per day (one morning and one evening) for three - four weeks and then one capsule per day thereafter. Having lots of hiding places is a really good way of making cats feel safer, so an owner might have boxes or covered spaces for their cat to hide away in each room. Pheromone therapyAvoid catteries – if you are going on holiday, avoid taking them to a cattery as this is likely to be extremely stressful. Instead, ask someone to house-sit for you, or come in a couple of times a day to feed and sit with them. If Finn's having a problem with repeat infections in his bladder I would also give him Waterfall D-Mannose which is great at mopping up any bacteria hanging around in the bladder. Urinating in strange places: Your cat may start to try and pass urine in the corners of rooms (ours typically goes in the bath) Place several water bowls around your home - enough so your cat can always use one whenever they want to. Put them in quiet areas of the house, away from their food, and try to use low-sided, glass, or ceramic bowls. Beds and hiding places – put them in various places around your home, making sure some are up high, away from other cats and people in your household.

Give them enough ‘resources’ – cats don’t like sharing and need their own things to feel happy and calm. Make sure they have enough: FLUTD is thought to affect around 1-3% of cats each year, so is among the more common diseases seen. Because of the diverse nature of the underlying causes, cats of any age, breed and gender can be affected by FLUTD, but in general, the disease is more common in: Im hoping this is just a one off, nothing has changed here as far as i know but a few days before he got ill we came home and he was very jumpy and didn't want to come out of his hiding place so i don't know what happened, my girls were fine though, maybe they ganged up on him, god knows he chases them enough. i'll finally get to my question which is, does anyone have any experience of this, it's not classed as a medication but as a supplement, i asked if i could gradually wean him off of it and they didn't know, the vet said she hadn't used it herself and to ask the nurse who dispensed it, the nurse said to ask the vet...has anyone used this been able to wean their cat off, i really don't want Finn taking anything he doesn't need and he's only 2 years old, to take them for the rest of his life seems a very long time...i know i can read up online but i'd rather take advice from someone whos used it and knows exactly it works.

Now contains Quercetin and L-Theanine which is known for its calming properties and helps reduce stress behaviour in cats. Cats with kidney issues also benefit from small meals fed little and often. Those with urinary issues are often on a strict diet as their problems can be exacerbated by being overweight. If your cat will not eat their recommended prescription diet, ask your vet about additional choices. Discuss your cat’s diet thoroughly with your vet as it will often form a large part of their treatment. Owners know their cat best and what might cause them to be worried, but there are a number of general things that you can do to reduce stress in their environment. They include: Hiding places

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment