276°
Posted 20 hours ago

My Friend Walter: perfect for all fans of Horrible Histories!

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We build and maintain all our own systems, but we don’t charge for access, sell user information, or run ads. Join our community to get personalised book suggestions, extracts straight to your inbox, 10% off RRPs, and to change children’s lives. These events were done with the best intentions however, which the Throckmortons discover at their time of most need.

His work will undoubtedly, like Peter Pan, stand the test of time, making him a truly worthy recipient of this award. This book could be used in role play to illustrate and reflect upon the characters perspectives, allowing children to empathise with figures in history. His latest book is Boy Giant published by Harper Collins Children’s Books and Owl or Pussycat illustrated by Polly Dunbar and published by David Fickling Books. Morpurgo added: “Storymakers and storytellers like Barrie, and like all the previous winners of this award, have given us the hope and faith children need, we need, to keep flying, have sustained us through dark and troubled times, have banished doubt.We will introduce you exclusively to Newpay finance products provided by NewDay Limited under this Introducer Appointed Representative arrangement. Her auntie has recieved an invitation too, so because her Gran has a medical appointment, Bess tags along with her. Sir Walter Raleigh,who laid his cloak over a puddle so Queen Elizabeth I could cross, meets up with his friend and long lost cousin: Bess Throckmorton.

Casper quickly falls in love with Kat, but their budding relationship is complicated not only by his transparent state, but also by his troublemaking apparition uncles and their mischievous antics. He spends half his life mucking out sheds with the children, feeding sheep or milking cows; the other half he spends dreaming up and writing stories for children. The same Walter Raleigh that laid his cloak down for Queen Elizabeth I to save her from a muddy puddle.Ronald Pickup, Prunella Scales and Don Henderson are among the cast of this fantasy adventure series, with young actress Polly Grant giving an outstanding performance as a girl who sets out to save her family's farm with the help of a famous time-travelling ancestor. We are opposite sides of the same coin and, although his work has never influenced mine, I admire the eloquent, considered voice of his best books. Sir Walter comes up with his own scheme to steal the orb from the Crown Jewels to help raise money for the farm. A son and grandson of actors, Michael has acting in his blood and enjoys collaborating and performing live adaptations of his books at festivals, concerts and theatres. I’m now an architectural historian and I’d say this book laid some of the foundations for that (pardon the pun!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment