276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Flicker in the Dark: The New York Times bestselling debut psychological serial killer thriller with a shocking twist that will keep you up all night in 2022

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Is she paranoid, seeing parallels from her past that aren't actually there, or for the second time in her life, is Chloe about to unmask a killer? Emma Stone, my beautiful, husky-voiced girlfriend: I love you, but this book is not your "Sharp Objects. She should probably go to the police, but she loves her sister and, as they say, family always comes first. Monsters don't hide in the woods; they aren't shadows in the trees or invisible things lurking in darkened corners. She also found her loved one, is about to tie the knot with Daniel even though her brother Cooper has still suspicious about Daniel’s motives.

It was such a fantastic psychological thriller, in fact, that I did nothing else but eat, sleep, work my day job, and read for two days until I was done. In present day, Chloe agrees to talk to Aaron Jansen, a reporter from the New York Times who has been contacting Chloe lately about a story he's writing about the 20th anniverary of the Breaux Bridge murders. Brooks places the epicenter of the Bigfoot war in a high-tech hideaway populated by the kind of people you might find in a Jurassic Park franchise: the schmo who doesn’t know how to do much of anything but tries anyway, the well-intentioned bleeding heart, the know-it-all intellectual who turns out to know the wrong things, the immigrant with a tough backstory and an instinct for survival. She earned her BA in magazine journalism from the University of Georgia and MFA in writing from the Savannah College of Art and Design. Chloe still suffers from the fallout of her childhood, and her narrative envelopes the whole story in her dark and foreboding mood.However, her demons lurk just below the surface, and when first one, then another young girl turn up missing, she feels as if her life is repeating itself again. From the author of A Flicker in the Darkand All the Dangerous Thingscomes a tantalizing thriller about the nature of friendship and belonging, about loyalty, envy, and betrayal—another gripping novel from an author quickly becoming the gold standard in psychological suspense. When Chloe later asks Detective Thomas about Aubrey, Chloe pieces together that Aubrey was missing a necklace that matched with the earring they found on her. The sight jogs Chloe’s memory of seeing Aubrey there and this trip heightens Chloe’s suspicion of Daniel.

Chloe leaves her office for her fake bachelorette party and meets Aaron at a hotel and convinces him to accompany her to an interview with a woman named Dianne whose daughter disappeared around the same time as the girls her father killed 20 years ago.Brooks is a pro at building suspense even if it plays out in some rather spectacularly yucky episodes, one involving a short spear that takes its name from “the sucking sound of pulling it out of the dead man’s heart and lungs. A volcanic eruption is quite another, for, as the journalist who does a framing voice-over narration for Brooks’ latest puts it, when Mount Rainier popped its cork, “it was the psychological aspect, the hyperbole-fueled hysteria that had ended up killing the most people.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment