276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Jagged Little Pill

£9£18Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In 1991, MCA Records Canada released Morissette's debut studio album Alanis, which went Platinum in Canada. [15] Her second album Now Is the Time sold a little more than half the copies of her first album. [16] [17] With her two-album deal complete, Morissette was left without a recording contract. In 1993, Morissette's publisher Leeds Levy at MCA Music Publishing introduced her to manager Scott Welch. [18] Welch told HitQuarters he was impressed by her "spectacular voice", her character and her lyrics. At the time she was still living with her parents in Ottawa. Together they decided it would be best for her career to move to Toronto and start writing with other people. [18] Jagged Little Pill was a worldwide commercial success, topping the charts in thirteen countries. With sales of over 33 million copies worldwide, it is one of the best-selling albums of all time and made Morissette the first Canadian to achieve double diamond sales. [8] Jagged Little Pill was nominated for nine Grammy Awards, winning five, including Album of the Year, making the then 21-year-old Morissette the youngest artist to win the top honor up to that point. Rolling Stone ranked Jagged Little Pill at number 69 on its 2020 list of " The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time". [9] [10] Pareles, Jon (May 16, 2004). "MUSIC; The Solipsisters Sing Out Once Again". The New York Times . Retrieved April 9, 2011.

Jagged Little Pill (2021, Red - Discogs Alanis Morissette – Jagged Little Pill (2021, Red - Discogs

Alanis Morissette announces 'Jagged Little Pill' UK and Ireland anniversary tour". NME. February 21, 2020. I see high prices going for previous editions of this record on vinyl. No need. Again, all from 2012 going forward are all using the mastering and cutting.

a b c d "Jagged Little Pill". alanis-m.com. Archived from the original on November 12, 2021 . Retrieved November 12, 2021. This feels like apostasy. Alanis has lived in my head for the past two decades as the artful embodiment of a powerful, unruly, inspiringly angry woman. The same year that I first listened to Jagged Little Pill, my dad took me to see her perform at the Greek Theater in Berkeley. We stood in the mosh pit, where plaid-wearing, twenty-something Cal students openly smoked pot, looking extremely impressed with themselves. Afterward, as the crowd poured out onto the street, Alanis’s white limo went driving by and I ran after her, screaming, as she lifted a single hand through the moon roof and waved (right at me, I was pretty sure).

Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill | Releases | Discogs

a b Geoff Mayfield (December 25, 1999). "1999 The Year in Music Totally '90s: Diary of a Decade – The listing of Top Pop Albums of the '90s & Hot 100 Singles of the '90s". Billboard . Retrieved October 15, 2010.Alanis Morissette Adapting Hit Album "Jagged Little Pill" for Broadway". Playbill. November 8, 2013 . Retrieved March 21, 2018. If your setup is configured well it won’t skip or have IGD issues. Sibilance creeps up here and there but not bad. Wish it was cut to 2 discs. All lyrics are written by Alanis Morissette; all music is composed by Alanis Morissette and Glen Ballard Jagged Little Pill – 20th Anniversary Collector's edition No.

Jagged Little Pill (25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) Jagged Little Pill (25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition)

Kawashima, Dale. "Great Publishing Story: John Alexander & Alanis Morissette". Songwriter Universe Magazine. Archived from the original on June 15, 2009 . Retrieved June 11, 2010. This is a really dynamic mastering. We don't know the type of systems those folks who experienced skipping. It's one of the reasons that forum members are supposed to list their systems. But there's a lot of 3-dimensional depth and tonal richness. Believe me, I'm surprised. Morissette sounds real, dimensional, and in her space. That's a high compliment. a b "Brazilian album certifications – Alanis – Jagged Little Pill" (in Portuguese). Pro-Música Brasil . Retrieved October 1, 2023.all i really want is on... the bass is really strong and deep. the vocals dont jump out as much as TC described. the vocals sound like their directly fed into mix raw. but not sure about dimensionality.

Jagged Little Pill (Original Broadway Cast Recording) Jagged Little Pill (Original Broadway Cast Recording)

All of the vinyl copies from 2012 onward were mastered and cut from the original master tapes by Chris Bellman. Classic album, that goes without saying. The clear vinyl is a nice touch and the record itself sounds really good. No sound issues whatsoever. Wyróżnienia – Złote płyty CD - Archiwum - Przyznane w 1996 roku" (in Polish). Polish Society of the Phonographic Industry. December 17, 1996 . Retrieved April 18, 2021. Gold Platinum Database". Music Canada. Archived from the original on April 28, 2012 . Retrieved October 13, 2011. Jagged Little Pill departed from Morissette's previous releases – Alanis and Now Is the Time – that predominantly featured dance-pop. Most of the lyrics were written by Morissette. The album opens with " All I Really Want". It features harmonica, swirly guitars and canned drums, and is in a grunge-pop vein. The lyrics talk about "intellectual intercourse" and a mental connection with another angry, frustrated, frightened, uncomfortable soul. The lyrics of " You Oughta Know" have been described as exploring themes of "raw anger and frank portrayal of female sexuality".French album certifications – Alanis Morissette – Jagged Little Pill" (in French). Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique. Ready for Alanis Morissette's 'Jagged Little Pill' as a musical? It's happening". LA Times. May 30, 2017 . Retrieved March 21, 2018. Copsey, Rob (October 13, 2018). "Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill at 25: From slow-burner to trailblazer". Official Charts Company . Retrieved October 13, 2018.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment