276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ramadan Reflections: 30 days of healing from the past, journeying with presence and looking ahead to an akhirah-focused future

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

My favourite chapters were forgiving others and life audit. These two chapters resonate with where I am at now in my life. It felt like a book given to me by my older sister/mother - a heartfelt step by step guide for life. Meetings - consider hosting meetings earlier in the day (from 10am - 1pm) rather than in the afternoon, as energy levels may reduce during the day. This has a large impact on how people experience Ramadan from year to year. When Ramadan falls in the winter, it's much easier to fast: the days are shorter, which means you don't have to fast as long, and it's colder out, so not being able to drink water all day is not too difficult. When Ramadan falls in the summer, fasting can be brutal. In many Muslim countries in the Middle East and Africa, summer temperatures can reach uncomfortably high. And in some Northern European countries such as Iceland, Norway and Sweden, fasting can last an average of 20 hours in the summer! Now that can be hard but then I think of the fact that at least I know that I will be enjoying a feast in a few hours while there are those around the world who have no idea from when and where they will ever get anything to feed themselves or their starving children. It certainly makes one humble. Typical day during Ramadan A very comforting part of Ramadan Reflections came quite early on regarding LOVE, particularly the love for oneself. Not the egotistical, self-obsessed, proud version so commonly plastered all over social media nowadays. But the private kind, a connection between oneself and the Lord, one that promotes knowing one’s value and self-worth, all written in the most humbling words. I challenge you to not feel moved!

But the impact of COVID on our community goes beyond our collective grief. The pandemic has had many other consequences, which could stay with us for many years to come. With parents and carers losing jobs and wages, even more families are struggling to feed their children, heat their homes – and afford the technology and data needed for almost all communication. Then there is the impact on children and parents’ mental health – already at crisis point before the pandemic. I tend to give up playing any sports during the month of Ramadan to minimise the dehydration and therefore the activities for some during the month of Ramadan could be fairly low key. Most people at work recognise Ramadan, and want to support you, they ask questions, and I enjoy those discussions. At night, we have lovely feasts with family and friends, which I appreciate more than ever since the pandemic, and we are able to go the Mosque and pray in congregation again which is nice. Despite being an avid reader, I haven't managed to complete a book in ages. However, I found myself captivated & so immersed from the onset. Once the Eid prayer is finished, we would wish everyone "Eid Mubarak" (means blessed feast/festival).Prayer commitments – Muslims will try and participate in additional prayer during the month which might require frequent breaks. It will be good to open a conversation and set expectations to avoid any impact on business activities. Fasting is between dawn and sunset, during this period Muslims are not allowed to eat nor drink. Fasting is considered to teach self-discipline and reminds us of the suffering of those less fortunate than us. EXCLUSIVE: ‘No way near far enough,’ leader of Lib Dems calls on PM to step up humanitarian commitment to besieged Gazans I got such deep and new perspectives from her writing that I am already looking forward to her next book. Reflection: In using the momentum of Ramadan as a springboard to further reflection. How can we continue doing good works for a local community? How can we make small changes of understanding to further close the gap of misunderstanding? How can we as a family come together and with our own hands help the hungry, care for our neighbor, reconnect with God ( Allah) in a way that is more meaningful than rushed prayers in between activities?

Once the moon is sighted and my local mosque confirms the end of Ramadan, we would wish family and friends "Chaand Raat Mubarak" (equivalent to Christmas eve) - quite often women and girls decorate their hands with mehndi (henna).

Origin of Ramadan

I usually take annual leave for the last week of Ramadan as I consider this to be a time of reflection, prayer, charity and carrying out good deeds. I often cook for my family and neighbours. If you are a stranger to the title in the third chapter or are emotionally guarded she will challenge you to feel. Make sure you read Ramadan Reflections where you have few distractions. The Quranic ayahs, ahadith, and duas are beautiful and need to be savoured. Having spent time with the Muslim community, I have learnt that there are a number of considerations that can be made, where possible, allowing both a professional and spiritual focus during Ramadan.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment