276°
Posted 20 hours ago

We're Going on a Bear Hunt [DVD]

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Michael Rosen was born into a London Jewish family, the son of two distinguished educators – Connie and Harold Rosen. Michael’s childhood was rich in books, stories and conversation. Bear Hunt, beautifully illustrated by Helen Oxenbury, is the British children's book author Rosen's most popular book, this Vietnamese edition one of the (more than, now?) fifteen dual language ones. The book has been praised for its simple and catchy rhyming text, as well as its charming illustrations. It has become a classic children’s book, and continues to be enjoyed by children and adults alike. Common Questions on We’re Going on a Bear Hunt• Where are we going?

There are plenty of children's books about self destructive impulses. In The Cat in the Hat, the children are seduced into destroying their entire house, which they know full well will result in mother's unbridled scorn. Franklin the Turtle is always doing stupid shit and then whining about it when he gets caught. I don't have a big problem with those books. They make sense to me because they follow three core principles: it's ok to depict kids doing dumb shit, because their mistakes are generally inadvertent. The mistakes characters make should teach children about human folly and the lessons we can glean from the err of our ways. Finally, rarely, if ever, are the parents depicted as condoning the child's self-destruction.I read this book to my Reception class the day before we went on a school trip to the 'Build a Bear Factory'. It linked in with work they had done that week about bears and was a perfect introduction to the idea of 'going on a journey'. The school trip was to be their first as a class and reading this book to them was a good starter activity before we discussed the next day's school trip and what the children would be doing. The We’re Going on a Bear Hunt Audio Play Character is the perfect way to teach your little ones about the five senses, facing your fears, curiosity and exploration. With the We’re Going on a Bear Hunt toy character, your little ones will have everything they need to enjoy the story. The We’re Going on a Bear Hunt Audio Play Character is recommended for ages 4 and up. Common Questions on Tonies We’re Going on a Bear Hunt Audio Play Character• Who is going on a bear hunt?

We're Going On a Bear Hunt'by Michael Rosen, practically sums up my reading experience in primary school. This 'join all in' picture book, was read during a whole school assembly. i remember the excitement myself and the other children would feel when asked, " what are they going on?" And we would all shout out, really loudly "A BEAR HUNT!!!". Whenever the text says “We can’t go over it”, etc. ask instead, “Can we go over it?” and shake your head while everyone says “no!”, etc. This involves the group and pulls them into the drama. We’re Going on a Bear Hunt is a classic children’s storybook written by Michael Rosen and illustrated by Helen Oxenbury. Published in 1989, the book follows a family of four as they go on a bear hunt through various terrains, including swishy grass, squelchy mud, and oozy goo. Along the way, they encounter many obstacles, but ultimately find their way to the bear’s den. Then there's the artwork. The artwork is impressionistic, evocative of my youth, particularly the memories I have of using the excrement in my diapers to paint on my bedroom walls. Much like the drawings in this book, I couldn't distinguish between the characters in my own imagery either. Only two things could be said of it with absolution. It stunk, and you can't bleach the images away once they've been burned into your memory. Helen Oxenbury was born in Ipswich and attended the Ipswich School of Art before moving to London to study at the Central School of Art and Design.Her career has spanned many fields, including design work in theatre, film and television. She started illustrating children’s books in 1964 and has published books across age groups, from classic board books for babies to collections of nursery rhymes for all ages.

If you ask any parent what their toddler’s favourite song is, chances are they’ll say “The Wheels on the Bus”. This catchy little tune is one of the most popular children’s songs around, and it’s easy to see why.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment