276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Compound Effect

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Newton’s First Law (Law of Inertia): “Objects at rest tend to stay at rest unless acted on by an outside force. Objects in motion tend to stay in motion unless something stops their momentum.” Identify your triggers. Look at your list of bad habits. For each one you’ve written down, identify what triggers it. Figure out “the big 4’s” - the who, the what, the where, and the when underlying each behavior. For example:

Simple, direct, and to the point—these are the principles that have guided my life and every top business leader I know. This book will show you the way to your own greater success, happiness, and fulfillment .” Darren Hardy is today’s preeminent Success Mentor having been a central business leader in the personal growth and success industry now for more than 20 years. He has led three success television networks producing over 1,000 TV shows featuring most every influential thought leader of our times. And for eight years Darren led the rebirth of SUCCESS Magazine as its publisher and founding editor. Commit to doing a relationship review each weekend. Cover what went well in your marriage that week. Rank your relationship on a scale of 1-10 over the last week and then ask what could get it to a 10. These micro actions add up to macro results over time. You may not see the results now but know under the surface progress is being made. Just like the story of the Chinese bamboo tree that doesn't even break through the ground in it's first four years of growth, then shoots up to over 90ft in just a few weeks.Basically, if you've never read a self-help book before, you'll find a few good pointers here.There's a foreword by Tony Robbins, and to be honest, that is the only thing that keeps this book on the honest side of things. Without that foreword, this looks like copy/paste of someone taking one or two notes while listening to Tony's Personal Power II. If the nose of a plane is pointed just one percent off course when it leaves LA for New York, it will end up in Delaware once it gets to the east coast.

Example: I don’t watch or listen to any news and I don’t read any newspapers or news magazines. 99% of all news has no bearing on my personal life or my personal goals, dreams and ambitions anyway. I have set up a few RSS feeds identifying the news and industry updates that do pertain to my direct interests and goals. I get the most productive information I need when I need it, in less than 15 minutes a day. According to the Author, the Compound Effect is always at work. You can make it work for you or it will work against you. He gives the example of three friends. One friend tries to improve himself everyday. He spends some time with his wife, walks for half an hour everyday, cuts 125 calories less in his diet and reads motivational books everyday. The second friend does nothing and is a little bitter about life. The third friend rarely exercises, spends enormous amount of hours watching TV everyday, takes his wife for granted and has a cookie and beer everyday to enjoy life. Befriend the person you think is the biggest, baddest, most successful person in your field. What do they read? Where do they go for lunch? The difficulty is not doing big things but doing little things over and over to form the right habits.They stop making contributions to the IRA after a few years because they could use the cash - and it doesn’t seem to be adding up to much anyway.

Think Addition, Not Subtraction: Choose positive actions to “add-in” to enrich and replace your negative actions.Life Style". Direct Action Media. Archived from the original on July 4, 2015 . Retrieved July 3, 2015. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge.” - Dr Martin Luther King Jr.

Look beyond the motivation of monetary and material goals. Even if you acquire the shiny object(s), you won’t capture the real prize - happiness and fulfillment. Bob Andelman (August 2, 2009). "Mr. Media Radio: Darren Hardy, publisher, 'Success' magazine". Digital Journal . Retrieved 11 April 2013. In 2010, Hardy wrote The Compound Effect, [5] a book about the impact of everyday decisions which includes a guide to achieving goals. [15] [16] In 2011, he wrote Living Your Best Year Ever, which is a journal system to design and achieve goals. In 2015, he wrote The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster, which outlines the challenges of business ownership for entrepreneurs. [2] [4] Bibliography [ edit ] CHOICES 53 Losing is a habit. So is winning. Now let’s work on permanently instilling winning habits into your life. Eliminate sabotaging habits and instill the needed positive habits, and you can take your life in any direction you desire, to the heights of your greatest imagination. Let me show you how… 4/21/10 1:00:01 PM Chapter_2.indd Sec1:53 4/21/10 1:00:01 PM Chapter_2.indd Sec1:53

If you say you’re a dedicated professional, but you show up late and unprepared, your behavior rats you out every time. Doing the Unexpected: Determine what is popular or average and take different, more powerful actions as “common things deliver common results.” The most challenging aspect of the compound effect is that we have to keep working away for a while, consistently and efficiently, before we can begin to see the payoff. Get rid of your “insta-results” expectation. Avoid this type of mistake:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment