276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Medi Partners Baby nest Pod Newborn Sleepyhead 100% Cotton 100x60x15cm Bed Pillow Accessories Cocoon for Babies (Flowers with light pink Plush)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It took us a while to finally buy the Sleepyhead Deluxe Pod. We call it our baby mattress because Baby C sleeps on it EVERY night. It’s basically a portable baby bed that makes babies feel like they are snuggled up safe and secure. It gives a womb-like an effect. It’s built to be breathable and has great airflow plus it helps reduce the risk of Plagio (flattened head syndrome). It’s supposed to be great for co-sleeping too although that isn’t something we’ve done as yet, it does allow Baby C to have a safe and snug nap where ever he wants too. It’s super light so makes it easy to carry around with you in its own carry bag. To keep your newborn safe and snug, follow baby sleep safety guidelines outlined by The Safe To Sleep campaign:

DockATot Deluxe+ Pristine White Baby Pod, 0-8 months

Choose a pod or nest with a firm mattress. Soft mattresses have been linked to an increase risk of SIDS. A firm mattress shouldn't sink more than a few millimetres when your baby is placed on it. Avoid memory foam mattresses. Ensure your baby does not get too hot during sleep. If it's cold, use a lightweight baby sleeping bag.

The Grand pod is stage 2 and the next step from the Deluxe and is made for babies 9 – 36 months. So we did upgrade really early, but like I said Baby C is exceptionally tall! If you already have the Sleepyhead Deluxe you’ll already know how great it is and probably don’t need me to tell you that the Grand is just as good but will last even longer, taking your little out of their cot and into their little bed. If you haven’t yet got a Sleepyhead but are considering it, do it. It’s a small modern luxury. You might not even realise it’s making a difference if you’re a new parent but it is. I didn’t like the thought of Baby C suddenly just going into this massive cot, looking through the bars like a lost puppy. So we’ve now put the Grand inside and that’s where he has his naps. It’s a great transition and we already know it will help with consistency when Baby C eventually sleeps in his own room every night. However, Baby C is an exceptionally long/tall baby. He is in the 75 th percentile in terms of length. While the Deluxe was perfect for him width-wise, not too snug but snug enough, his poor little legs were hanging over! So, we genuinely loved the deluxe so much we upgraded to the sleepyhead Grand early. I can’t even explain how happy I am. There is no way Baby C would sleep so soundly if he weren’t in his Sleepyhead. It really does make him feel like he is still next to me. We’ve tried letting him nap in other places and the naps are either super short or he gets disturbed very easily. When he is in his sleepyhead he must be much more comfortable because he sleeps longer and gets disturbed less. It’s an incredible thing. Everyone says he is a really good sleeper and I can’t help but think it’s because he has had the Sleepyhead from birth. If you're solo parenting for any length of time during mat leave, popping your tiny tot down while you tend to your own needs can feel strangely heart wrenching. But even the lightest babies can start to give you arm ache after a while, and a woman needs to pee/put the kettle on/conquer the world. From luxury print pods that will add style to the nursery, to easy-clean cocoons you can have in every room, keep scrolling for the best baby nests on the market. Best baby nests to shop now

Loopy board game card examples - albumnipod

New baby in the house? After a few days of gazing lovingly at your perfect little creation, one thing the experts don't warn you about is the pressing need to put your newborn down for a moment. During the first few weeks, newborn babies can snooze for up to 22 hours a day. While snuggles are essential for bonding, if your bubba only dozed in your arms for that entire time, you would never get anything done! So, if you want to provide a safe space for your little one to relax and give your biceps a break in the process, this is where baby nests step in. They are great for freeing up your arms during the day, but baby nests are not recommended for use during the night or for unsupervised sleep. According to The Lullaby Trust, sleeping on anything but a firm, flat surface can increase the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). The Grand has all the benefits of the Deluxe, just bigger. It will see your little one through until they are over 3 years old. It may seem like a bit of a luxury because of the price but it’s a definite investment. I mean if you work it out if your little one sleeps in the sleepyhead twice a day that’s less than 10p per sleep. I’d happily pay 10p if it means Baby C gets a better nap. Don’t think about heading straight for the Grand first although it may seem tempting, make sure you start with the Deluxe because it’s all about them feeling snug. We’ve already decided that if we have another addition to the family we’ll definitely be using the Sleepyhead. To be honest, I just want them to make an adult one. I’ll be first in line!

Also known as cocoons or pods, baby nests are essentially a mini cushioned day bed that comes with padded sides to provide your little one with a safe, snuggly and compact spot to relax. They might sound like an absolute luxury, but during those precious early days you spend a lot of time juggling your little one with life admin. If you do decide to use a pod, it's important to be aware of the Lullaby Trust's warning and to make sure that you: Always sit your pod on a flat, firm, stable surface – and closely follow the manufacturer's instructions. In general you should not put them on a raised surface such as a table, sofa or desk, or in a cot. Never leave a baby in a pod or nest unsupervised. Pods are not recommended for overnight sleeping until your baby has reached the age of 1.

Sleepyhead Grand Chevron Baby Pod, 9-36 months

What's more, they come in the cutest designs and fabrics, so you'll find it impossible not to post Insta-worthy baby snaps all day long. And with celebrity fans including Kim Kardashian and Lauren Conrad, you know it's a baby trend worth getting onboard with. Are baby nests safe?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment