276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Aruba Instant On AP22 802.11ax 2x2 WiFi Access Point | UK Model | Power Source not Included (R4W02A)

£84£168.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Wiper Blade Edge with Wear Resistance - Assure a long operational life and efficient wiping action, removing even the tiniest micro-drops For the next test, I switched over to my MacBook Pro and it’s 3 spatial stream Wi-Fi 5 radio. This is an interesting test because it shows the impact of an additional spatial stream, and removes the highest-end modulation (1024-QAM) and longer symbol duration of Wi-Fi 6. This is a more even playing field, and the U6-LR and AC-HD rightfully pull ahead due to their 4x4 MIMO 5 GHz radios. If all you want is the basics, the Aruba Instant On portal and mobile app offer just enough. The software isn’t remarkable, but it’s competent, and a step up from what typical consumer network equipment offers. If you want more look at UniFi, Aruba’s enterprise equipment, or another vendor. Router Mode To specify which AP and which band was being used, I used the settings offered in the UniFi network controller or Instant On portal, and swapped them in and out as needed. I then stepped through the different channel widths and bands, letting the connection stabilize before beginning my tests. To specify which AP and which band was being used, I used the setttings offered in the UniFi network controller or Instant On portal, and swapped them in and out as needed. I then stepped through the different channel widths and bands, letting the connection stabilize before beginning my tests.

Manufactured to the same high quality standards as those fitted by vehicle manufacturers as original equipment To test only the speed of the Wi-Fi connection between the client and the AP, my iPerf server was connected over gigabit Ethernet to my Switch Lite 8. I primarily used my dedicated pfSense box for this, but I also used my PC and laptop depending on what I was testing. Today, that is changing as Aruba introduces a new Wi-Fi 6 (802.11 ax) Access Point (AP) designed specifically with the needs of smaller organizations in mind.When further away, you can also see the impact of beamforming from the AC-HD and U6-LR. They are able to compensate by directing transmissions towards the distant client, and the U6-LR performed the best at the furthest location. This is where the U6-LR shows it’s biggest advantage over the AP22. The U6-LR’s high transmit power and beamforming allow it to reach further than the AP22, U6-Lite, or any of the other models I tested. A few extra dBm is enough to allow the U6-LR to effectively cover a larger area, or punch through one more wall. The first few tests cover an ideal scenario, with a nearby client on a clean channel. In typical use you’ll see less throughput. This is a test of the APs capability in an ideal scenario, and how much data they can deliver to a single client. That said, I don’t think there’s a big rush to upgrade to a Wi-Fi 6 network. For most networks the performance the AP11 offers is enough, and deploying a few of those would cover most typical home or small business network needs. If you want the extra performance, you’ll have to spend almost twice as much to step up to the AP22. If you need or want LAN ports, the AP11D is the only option.

When it comes to management, there’s no real difference between using the app and the web portal. Both present the same simple dashboard, with four panes showing your available and active networks, the number of connected clients, total data transferred over the past 24 hours and an equipment inventory. As IDC is forecasting that more than 316 million Wi-Fi 6E devices will enter the market in 2021 1, this latest addition to the Instant On family is certainly a good thing for SMBs. It gives small business owners the ability to not only capitalize on opportunities today, but also prepares them for the future. Beyond Wi-Fi 6, there’s also the promise of Wi-Fi 6E on the horizon, which is a more meaningful upgrade than the 10-20% speed improvement you can expect from upgrading from a good Wi-Fi 5 AP. Wi-Fi 6 and 6E are only relevant when you have clients that support them. Wi-Fi 6E devices are just starting to roll out in 2021, and it will be a while until it’s common for most home users. If you are happy with your Wi-Fi network, it could be a good idea to hold off on upgrading. If you’re looking for an upgrade now, the AP11 and AP22 are great options. With every foot of free space and every obstruction, a Wi-Fi signal attenuates and gets weaker. 5 GHz signals attenuate faster, and provide around half the range of 2.4 GHz. When deciding on how many access points you need, a good general rule is don’t expect 5 GHz coverage to extend further than 2 walls or 30 feet away. 2.4 GHz signals extend this circle out a bit, but with a few walls in the way, getting low SNR links and slow performance is likely. If there is clear line of sight AP range can extend much further, but every wall imposes a dBm penalty. Wall material and quantity are usually more important than distance in a home or small business network.The materials and construction of the AP22U Bosch Wipers are quite outstanding. Bosch wipers are far more durable than their inferior equivalents, giving them an incredible value. Features & Benefits:

Of these nine access points, the AP22 is the only one that supports Wi-Fi 6 on it’s 2.4 GHz radio. The Wi-Fi 5 standard only applied to the 5 GHz band, and the U6-Lite and U6-LR both stayed with older 2.4 GHz radios that support Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n). The results are as you’d expect, and it’s not a very close competition. All Aruba Instant On access points have an installed TPM for secure storage of credentials, keys, and boot codes. Basic Service Set Coloring (BSS COLORING) Enables a 25% data increase over 256 QAM, improving throughput in your access points and devices. Trusted Platform Module (TPM)If you’re setting up a new network, a Wi-Fi 6 network is your best option. Wi-Fi 6 delivers consistently fast speeds and strong signals when many devices are competing for bandwidth at the same time. It also allows for power conservation, so device batteries last longer. I couldn’t get my MacBook Pro to associate to a 40 MHz channel on any of these APs, so I excluded those results from this test. I believe Apple uses the “ fat channel intolerant” setting on their devices. As always, 5 GHz is the best option for speed, and 40 MHz channels on 2.4 GHz should be avoided in most situations. The AP22 clearly offers the best 2.4 GHz performance. 5 GHz performance depends on a lot of factors, but the U6-LR and the AC-HD performed the best overall. The AC-Pro, AP12, and AP15 all struggled with 80 MHz channels to a single client. I don’t have a reliable way to test multi-client performance yet, but they should offer more performance in multi-client tests and realistic use. UniFi offers more in-depth settings and statistics, but has more software instability and bugs. If you’re not familiar with Ubiquiti’s software standards, lets just say they aren’t enterprise grade. Aruba has an edge when it comes to offering a hassle-free experience, but RF nerds like me always want more knobs to tweak. The Instant On portal and mobile app do an OK job at exposing the basic settings you need, but I would like to see the software mature and expand the number of settings offered. If you want more settings from your Aruba APs, consider one of the enterprise-level Instant APs instead. You’ll also have to consider licenses and possibly an Aruba WLAN controller. Next, I ran the same test on the 5 GHz band with 80 MHz channels. Wider channels give you the best speeds, but also require a stronger signal for effective use. At the farthest location, the speed advantage of 5 GHz is mostly eliminated. Those results show how the AP performs when it’s 5 GHz signal is hovering around -80 dBm RSSI and around 10 SNR. From the same location 2.4 GHz connections are stronger and more stable.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment