276°
Posted 20 hours ago

This Girl (Slammed, 3)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For me.If you're wondering how anyone could possibly fall for a nonverbal, expressionless man-child, your guess is as good as mine. This book is just amazing! Colleen Hoover has done it again! She is so talented!! Just love alllllll of her books! She is my fav author! 🙂

We recommend that members look for a buddy to read their book with. It's not limited to one or two members per book, you could get as many members as you want to read the same book. As for the romance, for me, it was nonexistent. I found it impossible to feel any romance when most of the hero's POV took place six years in the past. His POV did give light as to why he was so broken, but also focused on how completely, madly, and hopelessly IN LOVE he was with ANOTHER GIRL. but “This Girl” filled my heart. It was simply brimming with love and emotional gratification. It served to enrich an already deep, poignant (yet lighthearted) love story that I thought was already perfect, and brings it around full circle. While it is a “revisiting” of the key moments in “ Slammed” it does it through Will’s perspective, and allows us into his emotional turmoil as his sense of moral and loyal “duty” battle his internal urges, and what he truly wants. I. LOVE. THIS. REVIEW. It makes me even more excited to read this book myself! Goodness. I legit cannot wait now. Also, y’all are funny.I am a huge Colleen Hoover fan and I’ve read every one of her books. This one has a little something different than the others. Most of her books make me feel strongly and contain a lot of emotional moments, and Ugly Love had that for sure... but it also had much more steam than the others. And yes- CoHo can write some sexy scenes!

I press my fingers to her lips. Shh, I say. "Don’t think like that, Lake. Don’t think about what ifs. I lean in and kiss her on the forehead. But I do know what you mean if that helps. It’s counterproductive thinking about it, though. It is what it is." She smiles sheepishly at me. I’m just curious. We’ve never really talked about the past before. Now that I know you aren’t going anywhere, I feel more comfortable talking about it. Besides, there are a lot of things I want to know about you, she says. Like how it felt when she broke up with you like she did.

I've read the book twice now and I know I'll be reading it many more times to come. I have the book hangover of the century and I'm finding it hard to let go of Miles and Tate because of how strongly I connected to them. Truly, I don't think there can be greater proof that this was a wonderful book.

I butterflying love this series. I was so excited for This Girl, but now after reading it… I wish I didn’t because I just want more, more and more!I read Slammed and POR and cried. I was about three minutes into this review and I cried. I am positive that I will read This Girl and cry. Alas, my tears will have to wait. Next on my reading list is the last (for right now) in the Marked series by Sylvia Day.

At first, I was so mad sometimes at Miles for treating Tate the way he did, but after we learn what happen to him i don't really blame him! He had serious issues and he thought that love was bad. So basically, the whole book was the hero showing love and respect to his first love, while treating the heroine, with her blessing, like trash. I don't care that Miles had a tragic past; the world is full of tragic pasts! There is NO EXCUSE for treating another so cruelly! It was UGLY, which I guess was the point of the story, but I certainly did not enjoy reading it. If it isn't repetitive, it's too flowery. I come from the School of Less is More when it comes to my prose. Suffice it to say...

Sadie: Colleen Hoover is SO GOOD! If any of your 21k followers havent read the Slammed series, get on it! This Girl was a lovely companion to the other books (Will is just…!!!) and provided a satisfying ending to the series. 🙂 Beautifully detailed as we explore a present conversation between two integral characters as they reflect on the delights and hardships of the past. I’ve done it before… in a cozy cuddle-chat. I’ve taken that stroll down memory lane, remembering important events, and asking for that special someone’s “take” on that same moment. I’ve had this conversation before, and for the author to explore a “POV” companion novel in this way was simply… ingenious. Poetic. Written by a true artist. And with all of that “amazing” the best part of it, is that it was genuine.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment