276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is our Green Planet: a hidden world where plants care for other plants and can smell, taste, touch, hear and even . . . 'talk'. Discover all there is to love about our astonishing Green Planet, the stories of its inhabitants, and the challenges it faces. He cited an increase in the frequency of famines, wars and earthquakes, as major events just prior to the end of the world. He also foretold a Soviet invasion of Israel ( War of Gog and Magog). Lindsey also predicted that the European Economic Community, which preceded the European Union, was destined (according to Biblical prophecy) to become a " United States of Europe", which in turn he says is destined to become a "Revived Roman Empire" ruled by the Antichrist. Lindsey wrote that he had concluded, since there was no apparent mention of America in the books of Daniel or Revelation, that America would not be a major geopolitical power by the time the tribulations of the end times arrived. He found little in the Bible that could represent the U.S., but he suggested that Ezekiel 38:13 could be speaking of the U.S. in part. Marc Jacobson wrote in The Village Voice, "Therein lies the major fault of The Late Great Planet Earth. To me, the Apocalypse is an intensely personal thing. I really don't need some self-help creep handing out a cover version. Every thinking human can and should conjure up his own version of doom, just like the graybeards in the Bible did. Screw ecologists. I stand with Carl Sandburg-a factory is as beautiful as a tree. Nuclear power doesn't scare me either. Not at all. I like watching slow-motion films of mushroom clouds; they have a restful, narcotic effect on me. Some day I hope to watch a four-hour VTR tape of A-bomb explosions on a seven-foot TV screen as I drink beer. In fact, I think it's fair to say I have a love-hate relationship with nuclear holocaust." [7] Box office [ edit ]

Planet Earth III - Penguin Books UK

Bart D. Ehrman, M.Div., Ph.D. Historical Jesus. 'Prophet of the New Millennium.' The Teaching Company, 2000, Lecture 24. Earth is a big topic, and getting a handle on our planet's complexity and variability can seem daunting. So we asked geologist Robert M. Hazen to select five great books that he thinks offer compelling insights into the brilliant "blue marble" we call home. Here's what he recommends: Life on a Young Planet: The First Three Billion Years of Evolution on Earth, by Andrew H. Knoll (2003) The Late Great Planet Earth is a treatment of literalist, premillennial, dispensational eschatology. As such, it compared end-time prophecies in the Bible with then-current events in an attempt to predict future scenarios resulting in the rapture of believers before the tribulation and Second Coming of Jesus to establish his thousand-year (i.e. millennial) kingdom on Earth. Emphasizing various passages in the books of Daniel, Ezekiel and Revelation, Lindsey originally suggested the possibility that these climactic events might occur during the 1980s, which he interpreted as one generation from the foundation of modern Israel during 1948, a major event according to some conservative evangelical schools of eschatological thought. Cover art of the Bantam edition suggested that the 1970s were the "era of the Antichrist as foretold by Moses and Jesus," and termed the book "a penetrating look at incredible ancient prophecies involving this generation." Descriptions of alleged "fulfilled" prophecy were offered as proof of the infallibility of God's word, and evidence that "unfulfilled" prophecies would soon find their denouement in God's plan for the planet. Although Lindsey did not claim to know the dates of future events with any certainty, he suggested that Matthew 24:32-34 indicated that Jesus' return might be within "one generation" of the rebirth of the state of Israel, and the rebuilding of the Jewish Temple, and Lindsey asserted that "in the Bible" one generation is forty years. Some readers accepted this as an indication that the Tribulation or the Rapture would occur no later than 1988. In his 1980 work The 1980s: Countdown to Armageddon, Lindsey predicted that "the decade of the 1980s could very well be the last decade of history as we know it".

Retailers:

Matt Brandon is a BAFTA winning series producer responsible for delivering a broad range of highly successful natural history and adventure documentaries for broadcasters including BBC, Disney+, National Geographic, Discovery Channel, and Animal Planet. The book can be enjoyed by readers of all ages, and comes with a personal commentary from Tim, full of his characteristic warmth and charm. The book includes breath-taking aerial photos of cities illuminated at night, the northern lights and unforgettable vistas of oceans, mountains and deserts. The title of the book is inspired by Tim’s famous ‘wrong number’ dialled from space, when he accidentally misdialled a woman from the space station and inquired, ‘Hello, is this planet Earth?’ Frazier, T. L. (1999). A second look at the second coming: sorting through speculations. Ben Lomond, CA: Conciliar Press. ISBN 1-888212-14-4. OCLC 46868499. You'll meet venomous snakes that are welcomed into people's homes. Tiny treehoppers that form an alliance with bigger bugs. And crabs who like to hitch a ride on turtles' shells. With so much more to discover, take a deep breath . . . and dive into a wondrous world beneath the waves.

Earth - Penguin Books UK BBC Earth - Penguin Books UK

Life on a Young Planet: The First Three Billion Years of Evolution on Earth (Princeton Science Library) Hold your breath in the frozen forest where wolves play hide-and-seek with bison, and meet the lemmings that outwit an arctic fox by building their home right under her feet, buried deep beneath the snow. Watch orcas sneak up on bowhead whales while they're relaxing in the spa, meet a Greenland shark that is easily 250 years old, and witness the polar bears who are finding their food closer and closer to humans.Hal Lindsey makes multiple appearances providing Biblical context to historical and then-current events, linking them to Biblical prophecy. He focuses on three key events prior to the arrival of the Antichrist: Donahue, Suzanne Mary (1987). American film distribution: the changing marketplace. UMI Research Press. p.293. Please note figures are for rentals in US and Canada Our planet is powered by the oceans, entangled in plants, and home to animals of every colour, shape and size. But in its last true wilderness, our planet is white . . . welcome to our frozen planet. You'll travel around the globe, from massive caves to the depths of the ocean, and from snowy mountaintops to magnificent desert plains.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment