276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Total Immersion: The Revolutionary Way To Swim Better, Faster, and Easier

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Dr. Nicholas S. Romanov, a 2-time Olympic athlete has developed this method into several areas such as jumping, biking and swimming to name a few. A lot of triathletes use his methods and he is the coach to the members of Triathlon National Teams of the USA, Great Britain and Mexico.

I had an epiphany many years ago, when teaching one of my daughters to swim. Swimming Lesson number 1 must be to sit in a shallow pool wearing a mask, take a breath, then put your face in the water, repeatedly. After a few minutes, I tell the learner : “When you swim, you WILL get water on your face”. With the total immersion method, you can see results instantly regardless of your swimming ability. I saw big results in my first week. 2. Effortless Swimming I actually created my “muse” that is my living now from a swimming idea- swimming for triathletes (I’m a former collegiate swimmer who turned to the open water after college). Here’s a few tips for ya from a triathlon/distance perspective: Now, I’ve got to go up to the nearby rec center tomorrow and see if I can get in to use their pool! ;~) Learn to breath on both your right and left sides. If there is a chop, it really helps to be able to comfortably turn your head away from the waves to breath. If not, you are choking…not breathing.By mastering these principles, you can achieve the sensation of “swimming downhill” and enjoy a more efficient and effortless swim. For many of us, swimming takes a massive amount of energy. With this method, you can learn to do long distant pool lengths and not be out of breath. 3. Fast Swimming Technique To “swim downhill” with Total Immersion Swimming, you need to position your body properly in the water. This means keeping your head facing straight down, pressing down your chest (see below), and keeping your legs up.

One of the main criticisms towards total immersion is that it just not look natural. Although that is precisely what its founder wanted it to be (to swim like a fish, not as a human does), some argue that total immersion teaches people wrong concepts, such as to keep your head fully underwater. I would describe total immersion swimming as a “mindful” way to swim. You contemplate your body position in the water, optimising your head, shoulder and torso position, which helps you slip through the water, making swimming effortless. Make sure to keep your shoulders and arms relaxed and avoid tensing up as you swim. This can take some practice, but with time you’ll be able to swim more efficiently and with less effort. Focus on body rotation: what a weird coincidence. I’ve been trying to get into shape for a few months now and have been having pretty good success with weights and running (though a foot injury have put me off for the last week or so), but recently I decided to set a bigger goal for myself and attempt a triathlon. Of course, I’m not putting some silly time limit on myself and planning to do it in X months or anything, but it’s something I really want to do for myself.

Lap Swimming Etiquette

When I got home I did some research on swimming to find the best swimming manual available. What I found was Total Immersion. Hand Entry. Slice your hand into the water right about at your goggle line, and drive it forward. Many swimmers attempt to get as much “air time” as possible by reaching the hand out before entering into the water, but it is actually more efficient to go through the water with your hand as you rotate from one side to the other. As for dissatisfaction with the text, I would say that the introduction to the Total Immersion (TI) program is far longer than it needs to be, and many chapters have far more verbose explanations than are necessary or desirable (I particularly found much of chapter five trying and somewhat off-putting.) Every time I found something vaguely annoying, though, Laughlin redeemed himself with an insight that seemed tailor made for me. We're all different, but I was especially grateful for the discussion of inflexible ankles in adult-onset swimmers (p. 117) and "Special Help for 'Sinkers'" (p. 113,) my two biggest challenges in the pool. In short, while the text is sometimes excessively lengthy, if you can concentrate on the truly important passages the book can be exceptionally helpful.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment