276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Führer's Prophecy (The Reich Trilogy)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But they don’t come much bigger or more controversial, than the apparent suicides of Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun in the Fuhrer’s notorious bunker in war-torn Berlin on 30th April 1945.

Now, by popular demand, Klein has written a sequel, The Führer’s Prophecy, which forms the second part of the newly labelled ‘Reich Trilogy’, and which is just as, if not more, entertaining than the original entry. So, the contemporary story came first and then, when that was complete, I set about writing the story of Hitler’s post-war life in Argentina and his outrageous plan for building a Fourth Reich in the United States.How have they developed since the events of the first novel, which was set a decade before the new book? They are hunted down in a blood-soaked manhunt in pursuit of the explosive materials hidden inside the box.

A. They have all been incredibly supportive and pleased for me, and Clarkson actually came to my book launch and wrote about it on his Twitter page. Among its many fans are celebrities including Jeremy Clarkson, who said matter-of-factly “I’ve read it and it’s brilliant”, and crime fiction legend Peter James, who praised it as, “The best ‘What If? Potent themes of loyalty, revenge, friendship, and healing – particularly with regards to lead cop Nicolas Vargas – are played out on a world stage. For as his sensational debut novel, last year’s alternate history political thriller The Counterfeit Candidate, proved that he could apply his knack of making much-watch television equally well to the written word.

And in an example of Klein’s clever blending of fact and fiction we see – in tragic detail – the origins of Franklin’s super drug, with Nazi doctor Josef Mengele, the ‘Angel of Death’, conducting cruel experiments on female inmates of dreaded concentration camp Auschwitz. For the previous thirty years I had directed many of the UK’s most popular and enduring shows, including Top Gear, A League Of Their Own, The Grand Tour, Watchdog and Crimewatch. And his day job as one of the UK’s most respected television directors – which includes not only Top Gear but also Sky Max’s A League of Their Own Roadtrip and a host of Netflix and DVD comedy specials for the likes of Jimmy Carr, Micky Flanagan, Frankie Boyle and Jack Whitehall – has in no small part helped ground him in the art of conveying a story vividly and coherently. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. conspiracy theory and Hitler is such a huge, reviled character in history, readers are fascinated by him.

It’s tremendously rewarding to hear from readers who have enjoyed the book and to read so many wonderful reviews. It’s well recorded that in July,1945, just three months after Hitler’s supposed death, Stalin met with Churchill and Roosevelt at the Potsdam Conference in Germany, where he cast doubt on the official story of the Fuhrer’s death.

My only escape from constant writing was a daily, late night walk with the family dog, Georgie, a gorgeous Frenchador (yes, a Labrador/French Bulldog combo! Bestselling author Brian Klein gives his views on what makes for a great thriller, what he hopes people will get most out of The Führer’s Prophecy, and how former Top Gear colleague Jeremy Clarkson is delighted with his literary success, among other things. One of the principal figures in the story, Matias Paz, is a former fascist mercenary whose office happens to be located next to the cemetery.

He was part of the core team that produced twenty-two series of the controversial car show that became the biggest TV phenomena in the world, with 350 million weekly viewers in 120 countries and worked extremely closely with TV heavyweights, Jeremy Clarkson and James Corden, high profile comedians, Jack Whitehall, Alan Carr, Tom Allen , Romesh Ranganathan and Micky Flanagan, sports stars turned presenters, Freddie Flintoff, Jamie Redknapp and Ronnie O’Sullivan and TV chefs Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsay and Marco Pierre White. Like his master, Paz has been dormant for the last decade, finding himself incarcerated in one of South America’s most brutal prisons.I’ve always had a gut feeling that Hitler wasn’t the kind of man to take his own life, but then again, there is a great deal of compelling evidence, and eye-witness testimony, to suggest he did. The Führer’s Prophecy is the second part of The Reich Trilogy, following bestselling thriller The Counterfeit Candidate. As a student, I studied Hitler and the rise and fall of The Third Reich at Queen Mary College, where I completed a degree in History and Modern Politics.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment