276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Quite: The Top 10 Sunday Times bestseller, hilarious stories and heartfelt advice from the much-loved Strictly Come Dancing co-host

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

They are kind, they are clever, they work incredibly hard, they are there to save us, or to help us through it when saving is simply not possible. I actually had very little of an opinion about Claudia Winkleman before reading this book, apart from that she has a fringe and I thought she wore a lot of eyeliner. Skip straight to my favourite laugh-out-loud chapters on skiing — “People are…chucking themselves down steep gradients while standing on some sticks” — school sports days, and her “ideal” restaurant — the one with the menu consisting exclusively of kids’ leftovers. They hold your hand when your child is going in for an operation, they hold your hand when the surgeon says there's bad news, they hold your hand when the doctor says the medication isn't working. As part of the Strictly family, Claudia first presented Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two before joining Tess Daly on the main show in 2014.

Covering topics as wide-ranging as her love of naps, Titian, and Jackie Collins, to her dislike of picnics, packing, and people who show you photos on their phone, she extols the virtues of heavy eye-liner, wearing black, and, of course, fringes. She seems very down to earth, I love how she talks about her husband and children and life in general.I’m not sure I agreed on absolutely everything, but in amongst a lot of Claudia’s (sometimes over dramatic) witticisms there was definitely some important life advice for every reader to take onboard and live by. She is not preaching at you, telling you to change your life, she is merely telling you her thoughts on the subjects. This is not per se a problem, but it reads more like a collection of blogposts - or in places Buzzfeed listicles - than a traditional book.

Winkleman is also an author who doesn’t shy away from emotion, particularly in the chapters on parenting. I do think you need to have a love of Claudia Winkleman to get the most from this book, as it really is just her mind wandering on completely random subjects (not a chronology of life events).

After reading, I've learnt that there's a lot of logic behind the fringe and the eyeliner and I can respect that. Claudia is also a trustee of Comic Relief and has fronted the live television shows for both Red Nose Day and Sport Relief, along with spin-off shows including Let’s Dance for Comic Relief/ Sport Relief and the Comic Relief Danceathon. Claudia has previously presented four series of The Great British Sewing Bee and was the host of BBC Film. So engaging and relatable, Claudia tackles lots of different topics venturing from eyeliner to parenting and each one is done with such warmth and. Yes, she talks a lot about her life, family, friends within the pages but this is her take on the way to live your best life.

It’s not completely relatable to me - there is a lot in this about parenting and life as you hit middle age - but it was really witty and entertaining. Describing herself in the opening sentence as “a short, orange woman who occasionally reads out loud on the telly”, Claudia Winkleman seems unable to quite believe her own success. Don’t expect an autobiography with a traditional trajectory, Quite reads like a collection of very funny columns.Her self depreciating comment about the author photo at the back made for an amusing finish to a joy of a book.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment