276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Moro: The Cookbook

£15£30.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Moro Easy is the new cookbook from Sam &Sam Clark, with a focus on home-cookingpaired with their signature use of flavours andingredients from North Africa and SouthernSpain. Moro Easy contains simple, no-fussrecipes which will have wide appeal for thehome cook. These are fantastic and incredibly easy to throw together in advance of company. They always receive warm appreciative remarks. The crust method was new for me. The dough contains flour, confectioner's sugar, butter, and an egg yolk. It gets very hard when chilled, and is then grated into a tart pan and is pressed around to make the shell. It was a little difficult to get the pressing even in the fluted edges, otherwise pretty easy. The combination of a nutty, medium-sweet oloroso or cream sherry that is sprinkled over sponge, home-made custard and raspberry jam,… sourdough bread 8 slices or 4 slices ciabatta (if ciabatta, use slices 8cm wide, cut in half horizontally)

My friend Sara Fanelli baked this gluten-free cake for us. We love it, especially with a little sea salt sprinkled on top. My mate Graham lent this book to me before going away on two weeks leave, and just before Maddy’s birthday. I wasn’t sure what to cook for her birthday and so, given this book and needing to tell him I’d cooked something from it, I settled on a Spanish feast. God, some of the recipes are really fantastic. The Tortilla with sweet onions is pretty special. To serve, spread the purée on a plate, crumble the feta on top, drizzle with a little more olive oil, and finally sprinkle on the remaining mint. Serve with the crispbread triangles round the edge of the plate.

This was super simple, but we loved it. Swiss chard is blanched in boiling water, drained and tossed with salt and pepper, lemon juice and olive oil. In my case, we skipped the pepper, and I cooked the greens in salty water which eliminated the need to add salt after cooking. The instructions call for blanching the leaves and then the stems sequentially, but I put the chopped stems in first and added the leaves when the stems were almost done. I cook greens several times a week, nearly always sauteed in olive oil with garlic. This was a good reminder to get out my boiling pot more often. The chard had a perfect, tender texture and the simple dressing of lemon juice and good quality olive oil was light, springy, and delicious. I used young red chard and the jewel-like colors of the cooked greens and stems were extremely attractive. My only regret is losing the cooking water when I drained the pot. It would have made a splendid soup base. p. 244 - This produced a terrifically flavourful and unique bean salad. Prep is straight-forward beans are soaked overnight then boiled with parsley, sage, garlic, thyme, onion and tomato then drained with some cooking liquid reserved. When cool, dill, crushed garlic and evoo are added. In the wrap up S&S mention that this dish is terrific served with roasted tomatoes. I happened to have some on hand along with a few grilled green onions so I tossed those in as well. This was wonderful. Creamy beans, the tang of the tomato, the freshness of the dill. I’m so happy to have discovered this at the beginning of the summer months as it will undoubtedly become a bbq staple here. I’d highly recommend this recipe. I used borlotti vs pinto beans as S&S noted this would make a suitable substitute and we always have borlotti beans on hand. Photos here: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/846988?commentId=9615086#961 Instead of frying my potatoes, I’ve taken to roasting them. I peeled, then cut the potatoes into chunks before tossing in EVOO, paprika, S&P then roast them at 400F until tender, tossing at least once. To serve, the sauce is spooned atop the potatoes. The book suggests you can pass paprika and aioli at the table which we did. roasted piquillo peppers 6-8, from a jar, or 2 romano peppers (180g), roasted until soft, then peeled and deseeded

Using a hand blender or food processor, blitz everything except the potatoes, peas and fish. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a wide, deep pan with a tight-fitting lid, add the potatoes and put over a medium to high heat. Bring to a simmer, pop the lid on and cook for 5 minutes. I thought this was a wonderful creation! It's crispy but moist, and the flavors of membrillo, almonds, sherry, and citrus all stood out. I didn't serve it with anything, but creme fraiche is suggested, which would be nice. This was an incredibly flavorful and delicious stew that would be great for a dinner party. Since we weren't entertaining, we just used monkfish. I also used clam juice (more than the recipe required). It felt like I added lots of peppery ingredients (2 bell peppers and smoked paprika) but the final flavors were well-balanced.

Other cookbooks by this author

If you have already submitted another request to index a book or magazine yourself, please do not make any additional requests until you have indexed and submitted that book or magazine. Post-pandemic, it was difficult to get things fully up and running again; restaurants are about momentum. “But then we’d have customers coming up to the pass and literally crying, they were so happy we were open again,” says Sam. “That’s what all the hard work is for.” But what about their relationship? If running a celebrated restaurant for 25 years is a huge achievement – restaurants in London change more often than the weather – it is surely a miracle that they’ve done so without winding up in the divorce courts (they met when they were both working at the Eagle, just down the road from Moro, in Clerkenwell). “Well, I got told off the other day, didn’t I?” says Sam. Samuel takes up the story. “She was late, and I had a new chef to settle in, and I was doing a hot section myself, and we had a lot of people booked.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment