276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Sweetest Oblivion (Made Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is my 3rd review — yes, I've got a lot of time to waste — and I'm here again to profess my undying love for this book! 😌 The only thing that was missing for me was a bit more action. But it was dam near perfect. One of my favorite of the year for sure. Can’t wait for Gianna and Christian book! ♥️ But what I saw in his eyes terrified me more than anything had ever in the past. My eyes widened, and I suddenly felt a gut-wrenching terror when I realized that he wasn’t looking at me. Paaa-lease, imagine someone else calling Christian an incessant bug. INSTANT DEATH. But coming from Gianna, that's the highest praise one can get. We stan one sassy queen. honestly this book just shows that you don't need to have a lot of sex scenes to make a book hot !!!

There was an instance when there was mention of rape. And although, it was redeemed later on, I still felt like dialogue was unnecessary. There was another relationship between two side characters that threw me off a bit because of the hypocrisy. He was an infatuation, a craving, a need, and I was sure it was unrequited. But as my fingers ran down his tie and rested on his chest— Bu-bum.My gaze caught on a striking woman with . . . interesting style. She stood next to a man who I assumed to be her grandfather, but then he slid a hand onto her ass. She only pursed her lips like it was an annoyance.

at times i had to take a breather break. at one point i was reading this book on the couch in my living room and thought i dropped my iced tea on my lap…that wasn’t ice tea ladies. after reading some chapters before bed, i couldn’t escape. I hadn’t said a word to her since she’d shown up to the table late. To be honest, I’d almost forgotten she was sitting here. I guessed it was time to get to know my future wife. I swear to God, Elena, if I find out you’ve let some man touch you, I will deliver his hands to you in a box.” For a book I expected to be a mafia action romance this eventually turned out to be more of a smut romance that took on quite a lot of serious topics. It was an addictive read for sure and even though “The Sweetest Oblivion” wasn’t what I thought it would be, I still found myself enjoying it immensely. So thank you, Danielle! It’s always a pleasure to read one of your books and with every book I read I can see the progress you made! I’m awed by how much your writing style improved. =)) I will never be okay knowing Christian Allister is not real because that man deserves THIS WORLD! How can someone write such a beautifully obsessed and dangerously tempting character so easily and drive us CRAZY! 😳Elena has acquired a bad reputation 6 months ago when she ran away from home and then in a few days was caught with a man. They killed the man! Since then, people think she is easy and she is messing around a lot. However, it was the first and only time she did that. Don't you love when you dive into a new author's work and fall in love with their writing immediately? When you know that you're going to love the story from the beginning? That's what happened to me when I read The Sweetest Oblivion by Danielle Lori. I'd been searching for a good mafia romance with a crazy family involved, and within the first couple of chapters, I knew I found exactly what I was looking for! Why must everything have a happily ever after? Aren't the most memorable, poignant moments of history tragic? I swear those two were so crazy! Haha! I mean we have Nico who’s not only a young and well-established Don but also a controlling, possessive, unapologetic, dominant and relentless bastard and we have Elena who’s the daughter of a Don and so innocent, obedient, cheeky and naïve that it hurts! XD

How about because I love you, Gianna? Because I think I have since the moment I saw you? Because if you weren’t in this world anymore, I would find a way to take myself out of it?” now y’all are probably wondering why i find the threat of maiming hot. but this is Nico. that dude is a crazy mofo. Every scene every chapter is something new. It’s not just tropes thrown in to please the reader. It’s always refreshing to read how they interact in different settings. I love it. My rant is over. It seems like I didn't like the book the way how this review is going so far, but there were two things that made this book worth reading: Nicolas "Ace" Russo and the sexual tension.I love the fact that there was no ‘body betraying me’ bs. I love that she owns up to whatever she feels for him even if it is to herself. Her inner monologue didn’t annoy me once. Which I can admit is surprising bc of all the resistance she puts up but idc I love her for it. I didn’t know what to do with this woman, but I did know I was keeping her. Every time I saw her, my blood burned hotter, searing the word mine into my chest.

Yes, I've developed exactly this type of obsession with this book! I could read it again and again without getting bored, and Christian and Gianna are etched into my soul like a kind of drug that gets Gianna me high! This review might contain slight spoilers (but don't you worry, this book doesn't really have a plot so you'll not be spoiled much ;)) Everything," I whispered, trailing my finger across the starched collar of his dress shirt. "You're not afraid of me." We were so close his cheek brushed my tear-streaked one when he rasped, "And baby, I'm worse than the dark."She pursed her lips and pulled her hand away to continue. “Mr. Rabbit,” she corrected in a tone that would have normally pissed me off. But I was already at my limit, so I shrugged it off and planned exactly what I was going to do to her brother. I loved how he loved her. God, did I love the way he loved all of her, the good, the bad and the ugly. He never, not once, tries to change her, to make her something she's not. He accepts, wants, loves and cherishes all of her. Dressing like the love child Britney Spears and Kurt Cobain (Christians words, not mine 🥰), giving away her Jimmy Choos to a prostitute in the dead of winter, getting high on coke to overcome the sense of unworthiness instilled in her since she was a child, growing up afraid of the dark, believing in a fairytale just to be slapped in the face by reality, being at the mercy of made men and having them control her life, I loved Gianna through everything. Like, I seriously have a girl crush. ❤️

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment