276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Silvertongue (Remnants of Magic Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I enjoyed White’s take on magic / preternatural talents. People can gain them through Relics - objects of ancient power. The author introduces plenty of characters with various powers and her creativity impressed me. She doesn’t shy away from violent scenes with strong imagery (like the exploding head), so be warned that the novel explores darker sides of human nature.

No,” she said. I flinched. She still hadn’t moved, seemingly staring right into my soul. “We’ll afford him the chance to defend himself before we commit additional resources. You will remain.”Permission to head to Maintenance, ma’am,” I said. Really slather on the honorifics. Be a good little worker bee. “If Factory’s wing is going to continue, we’ll have to start on a new assessment immediately. I’ll meet with Darvus, let him know what’s going on. We can get started before any more time is wasted.” The second installment in the series, Wanderer, is already available in novel form, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

He let go of my hair in an instant, leaping away. Abandoning the car and I, he vanished into the underbrush of the woods behind the McDonald’s. I fell in a crumpled heap, my heart still pounding in my ears.This book has an interest take on 'Magic' and I loved it when the system and history was explained later in the book. There is plenty of action and fights. As I said before I liked the second half as it was more group building, character development and learning creative ways to you use powers but that is more personal preference. Who?” the third man said. His eyes were a bright, piercing blue behind his glasses as he looked at his friends, as though seeking confirmation.

I was actually supposed to have a totally different artist for the cover - a month before publication they dropped out of doing the project, and I was left hanging with no cover and a nearly-finished book. There was a ton of action, but when things slowed down, the main characters were still under a lot of stress and pressure. I felt like I needed to take breaks in between reading it, and it makes sense because it was originally serialized. I thought the pacing was off because of this, but not enough to take too much away from my enjoyment. What, you think you’re being subtle? You’ll just walk in, talking the old tongue like you were born to it, and I’ll roll over for you?” The motor on the lift roared to life. I lifted my head, the fog falling away. The pit in my stomach became a lead weight.I was torn between 3 and 4 stars on this one. I did really like it, but there were some parts that dragged for me. The fighting scenes were intense and entertaining, but they were followed by some moments where not much happened. Casey: When I write a book, I really do set out to focus on story and characters first and foremost. I personally choose to avoid focusing on hot-button social issues, as I tend to write punchy fantasy or scifi novels, and I think it would be very easy for it to come off like I was making light of an issue or using it as a tool. I very much don't want that, I want to make sure that if I have issues like that as major elements in the story, I'm giving them the care and attention they deserve. As such, I don't have any social issues as the core of my novel. She paused. Her arm folded inward around her midsection, even as her other thumb continued its slow, steady rub. Ma’am,” Terrance said again, stepping forward. Beneath him, I saw Hatim’s quiver erupt into full shaking.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment