276°
Posted 20 hours ago

facetheory Regena-C Moisturiser M4 - Retinol Cream, Made with Retinol, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin E, Anti Aging Face Cream, Vegan and Cruelty-Free, Made in the UK | Scented | 50 ml

£17.1£34.20Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Basically I've only really recently started to understand skincare properly. I have always moisturised my face and now at the age of 26, I am starting to appreciate the importance of skincare a lot more. What's more, the anti-aging effectiveness is not the only questionable thing about RP. It also exibits questionable behaviour in the presence of UV light and was the center of a debate between the non-profit group, EWG (whose intentions are no doubt good, but its credibility is often questioned by scientists) and a group of scientists and dermatologists lead bySteven Q. Wang, MD, director of dermatologic surgery at Memorial-Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre.

The first few times I applied this, I felt a tingly sensation (that might be the retinol). The moisturiser is easily absorbed and felt natural on my skin, i.e. it didn’t feel heavy or ‘plastic-y’. As we wrote in our lengthy retinol description the problem is that the conversion is not terriblyeffective. The evidence that RP is still an effective anti-aging ingredient is not very strong, in fact, it's weak. Dr. Leslie Baumann in her fantastic Cosmetic Dermatologybook writes that RP is topically ineffective.

Subscribe to our newsletter

Niacinamide: Also known as vitamin B3, niacinamide helps improve skin texture, reduce the appearance of pores, and regulate sebum production. It also has anti-inflammatory properties. Free of parabens, silicones, PEGs, SLS, SLES, and mineral oils. Vegan and cruelty-free. Made in the UK. Start by cleansing your face with a gentle cleanser appropriate for your skin type. Wet your face with lukewarm water, apply the cleanser, and gently massage it into your skin using circular motions. Rinse thoroughly and pat your face dry with a clean towel.

Yes, Facetheory is appropriate for acne prone skin. A selection of their products use jojoba oil for face acne, and some products use argan oil for acne. Jojoba oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help treat acne. Argan oil regulates the amount of sebum in your skin and is used to treat different types of acne. Is Facetheory vegan and cruelty free? Not going to lie, after reading all that I was very excited to try it and maybe even a little bit scared! Zone 2: Bulgaria, Croatia, Luxembourg, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Czechia, Italy, Poland, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland Shea butter naturally emolliates dry patches and provides a quercetin boost along with some natural sun protection. As with my other moisturisers from them, the top of the jar is screw-top and easy to get off. There’s no cardboard/foil seal that you usually find on moisturising creams, which strongly suggests that there are no artificial preservatives (another brownie point from me).Organic Tamanu Oil: natural oil extracted from the seeds of a tropical evergreen in Southeast Asia. It is rich in antioxidants and has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Transparent product labeling: Facetheory emphasizes transparency in product labeling. They provide detailed ingredient lists and explain the purpose and benefits of each ingredient. If you use a toner, apply it after cleansing. Use a cotton pad or your hands to gently pat the toner onto your face as this helps balance the skin’s pH level and prepares it for subsequent product absorption.

Quality ingredients: Facetheory focuses on using high-quality ingredients in their formulations. They prioritize natural and active ingredients, avoiding harsh chemicals like parabens, sulfates, and artificial fragrances. Their products often contain beneficial ingredients like hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, and niacinamide. To apply, you use your finger (or a small spatula) to get the product out of the jar. As with my other Facetheory products, only a small amount is required as the skincare products from this brand contain a high concentration of actives. I usually dot a few small dabs of the cream around my face before gently rubbing in (see the landscape video below of me applying it). Shea Butter: Shea butter is a rich moisturizer that nourishes and protects the skin. It helps retain moisture and improves skin elasticity. Facetheory products include a range of ingredients that cater to different skincare concerns. While the specific ingredients can vary based on the product and its intended purpose, here are some common main ingredients found in Facetheory products: Hyaluronic acid: Hyaluronic acid is a humectant that attracts and retains moisture, promoting hydration and plumpness in the skin.Dr. Leslie Baumann wrote a great review of the debate and summarized the research available about retinyl palmitatehere. It seems that there is a study showing RP being photo protective against UVB rays but there is also a study showingRP causing DNA damage and cytotoxicity in association with UVA. Zone 2: Bulgaria, Croatia, Luxembourg, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Czechia, Poland, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Monaco As with my other moisturisers from Facetheory, the top of the jar is screw-top and easy to get off. There’s no cardboard/foil seal that you usually find on moisturising creams, which strongly suggests that there are no artificial preservatives (another brownie point from me). Aloe Vera: Aloe vera soothes and calms the skin, providing hydration and alleviating redness and irritation.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment