276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Behind the Seams: The perfect gift for fans of The Great British Sewing Bee

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

She has lived in the same social housing flat for 40 years and, outside of Sewing Bee, still teaches pattern cutting at Central Saint Martins. Following his success, she worked on his London Fashion Week collections, cutting patterns and creating the shape of the designs, making the toiles and doing the fittings. Esme uses hands on experience of design, pattern cutting and clothes making to move students’s imagination and help them interpret their drawings so they can develop the designs into actual garments.

To fans of BBC One’s The Great British Sewing Bee Esme Young is a familiar face with her silver bob, flawless outfits and steal the show accessories. a b "The Great British Sewing Bee is back with a new judge – the woman who made Bridget Jones' bunny costume". On 19 February 1949, at the Nursing Home, 34 Kimbolton Road, Bedford, to Patricia (née Cole), wife of Wing-Commander B.

I felt, as a reader, almost as though she was sitting with me, telling her story - it's that immediate. She plucked out all her eyebrows – “they’ve never properly come back” – and cut her long hair short in the middle, leaving the rest long “like a Mohican. As well as running her successful clothing line, Esme lectures at her old fashion college - the prestigious St Martin's College in London. She is not only innovative, courageous and radical, but she's also kind, generous and gives credit where credit is due. She made a necklace, comprising five plastic bottles hanging off the colourful metal clips, during a break in filming.

At school, Young and her friends would rebel against their uniforms by letting the hems of their skirts fall down, leaving their ties undone and wearing one sock down and one sock up. While he is the dapper, sartorially precise voice of the pairing, she's always had a cheeky glint in her eye, and the occasional allusions to her past career and life made me reach for this book - I listened to her read it herself via Audible. It was also one of the world's first Lycra dresses – no mean feat considering Lycra is notoriously hard to sew.A celebration of a creative life lived differently, Behind the Seams is a reminder that it's never too early, or too late to pick up a needle and start stitching in a new direction. I want to see their personalities and that’s in the choice of fabric, colour and their sewing techniques.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment