276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Final Offer: the Sunday Times bestselling second chance romance - Meet the new Dreamland billionaire... (Dreamland Billionaires)

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Culturess: I’m sure a lot of us are going to have a book hangover after finishing Final Offer. Do you have any recommendations for books you’d suggest reading after it?

When I broke her heart six years ago, I promised to never return to Lake Wisteria. I kept my word until my grandfather’s will changed everything.Now on to Lana... Omg, where do I even start with her. Certain parts of the book I really enjoyed Lana and love her personality, but at some moments and chapters I couldn't get with her and it also made me not want to finish the book. I get that Lana has trust issues and she doesn't want to trust Cal or let him in; even when he's trying his hardest to be the best and to be sober for her too. It gets to a point where you have to stop and think it through. Like when she eavesdropping (she doesn't mean to do it intentionally, it just happens) and she finds out about inheritance and the will. She shuts Cal all the way out and puts up this guard. Now I understand her reason for being mad and upset, but at the same time to understand what's going on you have to talk with your SO and understand why they're doing what they did. At times it made me feel like Lana doesn't want to trust Cal and she doesn't care for him like that. But towards the end of the book she finally let her guard down and let Cal in. the quotes and phrases in this book had me absolutely swooning, the way callahan admires and loves lana is beautiful and the bond between cal and cami is adorable. The book also beautifully portrays life in a small town and the care and concern the residents have for one another.The bond between cami and cal was a treat to read. From being terrified of the possibility of a child to giving cami the best birthday by taking her to Dreamland they have come a long way. Source – Final Offer By Lauren Asher

I did feel like there were a few pacing issues. The middle part seemed to drag on and then the ending was over in a flash. There were also a lot of huge events that were glossed over in the epilogue that left me feeling a little blindsided. Overall, Final Offer was enjoyable and would recommend it to fellow contemporary romance readers, especially those who love second chance romances! Final Offer doesn’t feel like a conclusion to a series. It feels a like a middle book. When the book eventually did conclude, it was underwhelming. However, the romance does shine with outstanding and memorable moments with Cal and Alana. Those moments are sparse and mixed between drawn out events.Final Offer takes the second-chance love and small-town romance tropes and creates a really beautiful and heartwarming story that’s genuinely sweet and emotional. It’s a lot more touching than the other two books and although it contains Asher’s trademark sprinkling of spice, it’s actually pretty adorable. As with Asher’s previous books, Final Offer has a dual POV which I absolutely adore in romance books. It would be so easy to dislike Cal. On the surface, he’s just a spoiled trust-fund baby that never grew up. In reality, his low self-esteem, his grief and his addiction, combined with his ADHD diagnosis, led him to rely on destructive and unhealthy coping mechanisms. First all can we talk about how I love how the book touched on love and struggling with an addiction. I think it can help someone who has either dealt with this in life or has someone who's struggling with an addiction and how they can cope.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment