276°
Posted 20 hours ago

That Time I Got Drunk And Saved A Demon: 1 (Mead Mishaps)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The language is very modern despite it being fantasy. Which isn't inherently bad, it can actually be fun and nice. Buuuut this was just a little too over the top for me. It was less fun and more "omg I'm so random and quirky" vibe for me. a proper epilogue😐. I mean, I'm not mad at it since there's a second book already out and a third one on its way, so I'm assuming we'll see more of Cin and Fallon, but STILLLLLLL! OMD. It's brief, but it's there 👀 I love me a jealous MMC and Fallon was about to commit more murder 🤣 No voy a mentir, tiene muchos clichés y escenas que yo hubiera odiado en cualquier otro libro, pero el caso es que la autora lo ha hecho a propósito y por eso no me quejo. Se nota que su intención es hacer una historia divertida, loca y un poco surrealista con la gran cantidad de situaciones rocambolescas por las que pasa la protagonista que no quiere ser una guerrera ni la elegida, solo llevar una vida tranquila. the shadow hands scene 🤣 bahahaha... my sides were hurting from laughing (actually, many scenes did this lol)

nachos!!! 'nuff said 🤣 (also... Cin gives up her nachos to help the werewolf/Felix gain straight 🤣 SEE! So charitable and selfless 🥹) Without missing a beat, Usha opened the window and shouted, “Coke! He’s been through a lot of coke!” Esta novela me la he leído en inglés. El nivel oscila entre un B1-B2. No cuenta con vocabulario especifico y la prosa de la autora es bastante simple. Ideal para practicar el inglés. Ahora, he de admitir que, desde un punto de vista objetivo, la novela le falta profundidad en todos los aspectos, personajes, escenario, argumento, etc. Sin embargo, como he dicho antes, siento que es una novela que tienes que saber a lo que vas y punto.

IGNOU Political Science Solution

part of the appeal with this couple (allegedly) is that cinnamon is fallon's morality chain, but that is also very shoddy. cinnamon tells fallon he's not allowed to kill people unless they're really terrible such as slavers and rapists. but it is a flippant command, because she just does not care when he murders an entire village that theoretically includes innocents. she doesn't care when he swipes the head off someone who's an antagonist, but rightfully angry at her when she murders his fellow goddess warrior companion (after saying she would not kill a fellow human a line before) that she was just peacefully trying to take down. in universe, they are the villain protagonists, but there's just no work done to explore this beyond putting them in the role. the world-building. I enjoyed it; I found this easy to understand (unlike some more convoluted worlds I've read)

Well this book was a trip and a half. What a crazy and imaginative story. This heroine was sassy, strong, fierce and hilarious. She went through a huge amount of personal growth in this story but never lost her edge. I loved this world she lived in; this fantastical and diverse world. This book can be read as a romantic adventure story but if you are paying attention, you will see that it is so much more. It is a commentary of so many poignant issues, like why we should not just blindly listen to the powers that be, whether they are religious or political, and why we should never passively allow ourselves to remain ignorant of wrong doing when it is happening right in front of us. this is such a delightful cozy fantasy, but it also does have some higher stakes at play, while also talking about some, and having some, heavier themes and topics. (please look at some content warnings down below!) but i really enjoyed this one, especially the first half and set up. this also is a four part quest storyline, and you all know how much i love watching characters travel to their adventures! i was so impressed with this, and i promise it is a very high three star, but i just didn't love how... intense.. the love interest was towards the last half of this book. but i very much do not think that will be an issue for many readers, especially romance readers! plus cinnamon is just the absolutely best main character, and she is so effortlessly funny! i am so excited to continue on in this world! The burning city: ok, so they burn down a city of slavers. Which like, I have no problem with. But the only reason Usha didn't get burnt with it, was because she by sheer coincidence overheard them, realised that demons were not just animals but whole beings, and decided to help, that she didn't get burnt in the city. No one else got that chance. How many others like Usha got caught in that fire? How many kids? Fallon and Cin straight up do not give a shit. But forget all that for a minute, Fallon the demon dragon is my new book boyfriend. He is silly and sarcastic and protective and sweet. He had me when he told her she was going to be his wife after she severed the spine of an alligator. I love a dude who can support his woman and not be intimidated by her badass-ness. Running her cheese business and dealing with a pirate ship full of demons that just moved into town was hard enough. Now on top of it, she has to convince a werewolf that she’s not really his fated mate. Easier said than done.Graphic violence, mild BDSM, threats of rape, slavery (of demons), death of a sibling (discussed), men hitting and pushing women.

Calling attention to the cliche, is not subverting it. Honestly, if you're gonna do a cliche at least be sincere about it. A cliche isn't inherently bad, it depends on the usage. This meta-awareness with no subversion didn't work for me.

Book Genre: Adult, Demons, Dragons, Fantasy, Fantasy Romance, Fiction, Magic, Paranormal, Paranormal Romance, Romance Lo mejor que tiene es la ironía situacional, no paraba de reírme en varias escenas y mantenía una sonrisa natural sin darme cuenta. Es una lectura donde no paran de suceder cosas una tras otra a un nivel estratosférico para ser apenas una novela corta de extensión. Pero la protagonista tiene chispa y me cayó muy bien por lo que no podía darle menos estrellas. En general, creo que solo por el humor y la ironía vale la pena pasarse un gran rato.

PDF / EPUB File Name: That_Time_I_Got_Drunk_and_Saved_a_Demon_-_Kimberly_Lemming.pdf, That_Time_I_Got_Drunk_and_Saved_a_Demon_-_Kimberly_Lemming.epub Jokes over sincerity. I felt like some of the moments that needed tension and sincerity were undercut but jokes and giggling. Rom-com meets fantasy romance with a tongue-in-cheek/quirky sense of humor and a side of BDSM? That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Demon is mostly a delightful romp following a spice trader named Cinnamon who (eponymously) gets drunk and saves a demon before getting pulled into an adventuring quest with a hot demon who wants to make her his wife. Jo Fletcher Books publishing director Anne Perry bought world rights, with North American rights going to Orbit US executive editor Brit Hvide.hell no, cinnamon has very little reaction to this beyond some little quips before she's off with fallon. as they tell more humans, they too have very little reaction to this and also move forward with ease. the characters we follow are just so happen to be either demons, who have been enslaved and murdered a lot so no obligation to follow anything here, or humans who aren't devout despite talking about going to the temples frequently. the fantasy element could have been just through the monsters, but the 'we have to kill not!god' is the primary framing and i have never seen someone so disinterested into diving into this despite making the deliberate choice of centralizing it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment