276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cadbury Crunchie Spread with Crunchie Bites, 400g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I preheat my oven just before I start and by the time my brownie mixture is ready the oven is the correct temperature. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes. You will know they are ready because they will have a slight wobble. But definitely don’t make this in a normal cake tin without a loose bottom/springform mechanism. You won’t be able to get the cheesecake out or cut it! What cream cheese should I use for the filling?

For teaspoon (tsp) and tablespoon (tbsp) measurements, please use measuring spoons* and not the type of spoons you eat with. Again this will ensure accuracy and provide the best results. Sweetened condensed milk -choose full-fat sweetened condensed milk (not skim). I use Nestle brand, however any brand is fine. The amount of sweetened condensed milk you need will depend on the type/brand of biscuits you use. I recommend starting with 200g and add a little more if the mix is too dry and crumbly. A springform tin is fine too – here’s the one I sometimes use. I don’t use it all the time because it’s next to impossible to get the entire cheesecake off the base at once. In the photos I used some gluten-free digestive biscuits from Tesco’s free from aisle. However, you can actually use whatever biscuits you fancy! Gluten-free Hob Nobs would work well here too. Can I make this recipe without xanthan gum?Yep! You can freeze it for up to 2-3 months without a problem – just make sure you put it in an airtight plastic container. It’s probably a good idea to slice it first so you can defrost a slice at a time. And ideally, I don’t want to be serving the cheesecake and slicing it on my springform base because it’ll get all scratched. So I much prefer to use a loose bottom tin. Cut up your crunchies (these don’t need to be even and can be whatever size you fancy) and leave to one side. The sugar in the cheesecake filling helps to balance out the rich cheese flavour from the mascarpone. That makes it taste more like a dessert than an actual cake made of cheese if you know what I mean ?

In a separate bowl you want to add the butter and sugar and mix on a medium speed. I used the whisk attachment on my Kitchen Aid but you could use a hand whisk or even a wooden spoon. You want to whisk until the mixture is double in size and pale in colour. It’s 20cm (8 inch) in diameter, so remember if your tin is wider than mine, your cheesecake will end up looking a lot flatter!The cake will keep in an airtight container for 3 days in a cool place. You can freeze the sponges either alone, or decorated (but do not freeze the crunchies). Once the sponges are fully cool, wrap them well with cling film or put them in an airtight container with some baking paper between them. You can freeze the buttercream on it’s own in a tub, or you can decorate the cake and freeze it fully assembled. To do this and avoid damage to the decoration, freeze it either in an airtight container or let it freeze solid on a cake board or plate, then wrap in cling film. Remove the cling film when you take it out to defrost it, if you don’t it could damage the decoration as it defrosts and softens. You can also freeze slices of the cake, again well wrapped in cling film or in airtight containers. What if you can't find the Crunchie spread? Chocolate honeycomb bars -you can use any brand of chocolate coated honeycomb you like. I generally use Cadbury Crunchie bars which are most popular here in Australia. Yes! For gluten free you can replace the self raising flour with a gluten free self raising flour blend. If you only have a gluten free plain flour blend, you will need to add additonal baking powder. The general advice is to add 2 tsp baking powder per 200g flour, so for this recipe you'd need to add 4 teaspoons baking powder. You may also like to add ¾ tsp xanthan gum for better texture. For a dairy free version, use a dairy free baking spread and dairy free milk for both the cake and buttercream. Troubleshooting Once your spread is lovely and soft. Pour it over the top of the spread it over the top of the brownies. I didn’t spread it right to the edges I left about 1cm around the edges of the brownies. If you only have a food processor, you can happily use it to mix both separately. However, if you only have a standing mixer, you’ll have to bash the biscuits in a plastic bag using a rolling pin.

A cheesecake really does need a good 12 hours to set – after all, we’re not baking anything in this recipe at all! So you’ve got to give it a lot of time to chill in the fridge and set. Patience is important.

This celebration worthy Crunchie Drip Cake is made up of three layers of chocolate cake, with Crunchie buttercream between each layer, surrounded by rich chocolate buttercream and decorated with a chocolate drip, more Crunchie buttercream and then lots of Cadbury's Crunchie bars on top. It's Crunchie heaven! This cake would make such a perfect birthday or celebration cake for the Crunchie fan in your life! Ingredient Tips & Equipment Information Okay, so before you start baking you need to preheat your oven. This is such an important step because it ensures that your brownies are going to bake at the right temperature and you aren’t going to end up with them under baked or over baked. I can guarantee that if you try and bake this in the oven, you’ll just end up with a big mess to clear up ? Finally break up the Crunchie bars and place them on top. Also chop up some more Crunchie bars and place them in the centre of the cake. Melt together the chocolate and butter in 20 second bursts, stirring in between, until they are both completely melted. Leave to one side.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment