276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Long Shot - Special Edition (Hoops)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There are roughly, 172,000 words in the English language. The average person knows 20,000-30,000 words and uses 3,000 of them commonly. Out of all these words at my disposal, I can’t find enough of them to string together to adequately describe how important, how transformative and how utterly necessary I found Long Shot to be. So out of all of these words, my heart has finally settled on a simple enough word that doesn’t have a ton of pizzazz, but it does have depth and weight. Remarkable. Long Shot, the inaugural book in the Hoops series by Kennedy Ryan is absolutely remarkable and, frankly, astounding. I always know I’ve read something truly special when my usual hyperbolic thrill is throttled…I write this barely leashed, yearning to hurl every sparkly, attention grabbing adjective to capture, enrapture and damn near will you to read this novel. Long Shot is so vital. I want to nudge, shove and push it into every heart and emblazon it into the mind of every person I know. There is little else I want to do besides dissect, deep dive and have conversations about this book. I’m consumed by its audacity. I can’t wait to read the rest of the series. The side characters were fantastic and I hope we get more of Iris and August

I am still speechless to what I should be writing for this review. Kennedy Ryan has this beautiful way of telling a story that you can relate to and just be in that moment with her characters. Sean Crisden and Jo Raylan embody everything these characters feel and go through. AMAZING narration!! Kennedy Ryan opened my eyes with Long Shot. She took the unfathomable, the misunderstandings, the atrocious and presented it me in a way that I'll never, ever be the same. She created a shift in my own personal bubble that allowed me to see more sides of issues that are vital to understand as a woman who wants to breathe compassion most of all. With her concise and beautifully written story she's empowering women and urging us to all understand a little more, to believe in each other and uplift each other through love.And I so wish I could get my hands on Caleb! I'd choke him with my bare hands and gouge his eyes out. One thing to note, he didn't change throughout the story, his venom never diluted, just distilled to potency and for which I must applaud Kennedy. She never gave him an out, or attributed his vehemence to obsessive love. Nope, he was pure evil through and through! This book isn’t easy. It’s poignant and painful and will resonate and stay with you for a very long time. I am telling you now it’s going to crush you a little. But even with all the pain, there's so much beauty. SO MUCH LOVE. August and Iris will enamor you from start to finish. But that was it for me. When all the player layed their cards flat and the situation was clear for all three players, I had no interest remaining for any of them whatsoever.

Long Shot” is a modern masterpiece, a powerful novel that can be read on its own. This novel is written by Kennedy Ryan. She is a true storyteller, and Long Shot is her best book. It’s an epic tale of family, secrets, loss, marriage, betrayal, friendships, laughter, and regrets. Long Shot is a heartfelt novel written with compassion and hope, reconciling the past to pave a road to happiness and second chances. I empty myself of all I was before and take whatever she has to give. There’s a newness when our eyes meet—wonder in the laughter we share while I hold her. We don’t speak, but there’s eloquence in our fingertips, in our hands as we touch and explore. Our bodies commune, confess. I don’t have to say the words. She knows I’m hers.❞ To me, it wasn't much a romance. Or a romance at all. Romantic elements, sure. A romance story? Certainly not.The modern application of this is deeply embedded not only with the sports system, but with our countries presidents, politicians, TV show hosts, actors etc. The branding of a trophy wife is something that needs to be stopped and needs to be seen as wrong, because when you're moving towards something as focused as equal rights or even to stop the wage gap. These kind of things cannot exist. Overall Pace of Story: Good, but the ending was way too abrupt (and at 78% in the kindle app). I never skimmed though and I thought it flowed well otherwise. Some people are afraid a gator will crawl out of the swamp and emerge as a threat. My nightmares star a different predator. I dream Caleb will rise out of the bayou some day and eat me whole, and next time I won’t be able to pry his jaws open and escape. There is a reader sensitive content warning at the beginning of the novel, and it is well-earned, however, the content is so well written, so responsibly conveyed that I have little doubt that readers will digest and appreciate the difficult scenes. The author writes the ugly, so beautifully, looking away is not even an option. I read it half breathing at times, heart pounding throughout. I was not the same person in the few hours it took me to finish it. I’d gone from casually reading to pass the time, to wanting to DO SOMETHING! Upon reading this book, I was vibrating with energy and excitement. I felt so alive and happy. So, happy. It was beyond uncomfortable to read. I almost had to disassociate at times, I took many breaks in between to read something lighter and step away from the story. Fortunately, I had the luxury to do that.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment