276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lovelight Farms (The Lovelight Series)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

B.K. Borison lives in Baltimore with her sweet husband, vivacious toddler, and giant dog. She started writing in the margins of books when she was in middle school and hasn’t stopped. This book was exactly what I needed to read. It was super cute romance, with the friends to lovers trope. Book Summary: With her Christmas tree farm literally falling down around her, Stella makes a last ditch effort for a much needed influx of cash by attempting to win a social media contest. Unfortunately, that means finding a pretend boyfriend since she mayyyy have lied on the application. Lovelight Farms is just as wonderfully cheesy as it sounds. It’s a cosy Christmas romantic comedy featuring an adorable small-town (think Stars Hollow), witty dialogue, a Christmas tree farm, a hostile family of raccoons, delicious baked goods and endless amounts of hazelnut lattes.

My mother specifically said that she doesn’t care if you’re unconscious at the table, just that you wake up in time for pie.” So, the big question is did I enjoy it? Well, put it this way, I want the next book in the Lovelight series NOW! What's particularly refreshing about this romance story is that it's not just a superficial addition to the novel. The romance is woven into the fabric of the story, providing depth and complexity to both Stella and Luka’s characters. Their relationship is also a testament to the power of love and how it can help people through difficult times. The two main characters have been friends for years and both loved one another. It was cute seeing the two finally tell each other they loved one another and that they both felt the same way. And Charlie? Well, Charlie knows a good investment when he sees one. He’s hoping he can convince Nova he’s worth some of her time.Lovelight farms is a nice friends to lovers, small town, holiday romance. The story follows Stella, who owns a tree farm in a small town and is in love with her best friend Luka since she met him 10 years ago. Enter Luka – Stella’s best (and very platonic) friend. She’s been in love with him for years, but couldn’t survive losing his friendship so she’ll take a week of pretending instead. Luka has other ideas, though. He’s finally given a chance to explore his feelings for Stella and she has to decide if love is worth the risk!

These two are undeniably attracted to each other, but her life is traveling the world and his is a mostly solitary life on the farm. He’s convinced he’s not good enough for her and she can’t get her purpose in life figured out. Nova Porter isn’t looking for love, and she certainly has no explanation for her attraction to buttoned-up, three-piece-suit-wearing investment banker Charlie Milford. Maybe it’s his charm? Or maybe it’s his determination to help her fledgling business however he can. Either way, she’s distracted every time he’s around. With her new tattoo studio set to open in her hometown of Inglewild, she doesn’t have time for frivolous flirtations. The farm is experiencing some financial problems, and Stella decides to participate in an influencer’s contest, whose prize would significantly help the farm’s finances. However, Stella lied on her application and said she co-owned the farm with her boyfriend, forcing her to start a not so fake relationship with Luka. I love fake dating and I love that this book was fake dating between two best friends who had known each other their whole lives. Straight away you could feel the connection between Stella and Luka when reading. I loved seeing them try to deny their feelings for each other when everyone around them knew how they felt about each other. Stella and Luka’s story had me hooked from the start. The way they met was the most precious part of the story; how she desperately needed someone to be there for her and her quite literally jumped in and became just that.Stella and Luka have been friends for a decade. Both have always been into each other, but Stella is scared to change that as she has this fear that people will leave her. What if things don't work out and Luka leaves her? Luka, one of the constants of her life. firstly thank u to netgalley, the publisher and the author for gifting me this arc to provide them with an honest review before this book is traditionally published. My Review: I felt like I was cheesy grinning the whole way through this book!! It’s a delight any time of year but absolute perfection around Christmas. I could so easily picture myself walking among the trees of the farm or stepping foot into the bakery. I truly got lost in the setting and it made the book all that much more enjoyable! Their friendship is so beautiful and their body language definitely shows how deep that love, both friendship and romantic love, runs through them. When I hear the writing advice that is “show not tell,” I think this book perfectly does that and it moves the story forward even more beautifully.

I absolutely love the small town community in this book and how much this small town/book reminded me of Gilmore Girls, which is one of my favourite TV shows. I absolutely love this book and this series. This book is the ultimate friends to lovers and one of the best holiday romances I have ever read, even though this didn't feel much like a holiday romance. I literally could not put Lovelight Farms down. I am OBSESSED 😍 I’ve said this already to a few people but honestly how is this a debut?! It’s incredible! 👏🏼 I’m calling it, it’s my favourite Christmas book and not just my favourite Christmas book, but one of my all time favourites any time of year! The romance between the protagonist, Stella , and her childhood friend , Luka , is a central part of the story. Their rekindled friendship blossoms into a sweet and heartfelt romance that adds another layer of warmth to the novel. Borison skillfully captures the chemistry between Stella and Luka, making their romance feel genuine and authentic. This book is seriously amazing! I can't get enough of it. It's just so much fun to read. I mean, I love everything about it - the characters, the plot, the writing style. It's all just so perfect.Lovelight Farms is about Stella the owner of a Christmas tree farm. The place is in financial trouble because some bad have been happening. So Stella enters a contest in which she can win a lot of money and publicity. There is only one problem, Stella lied on her application about being in a relationship so she manages to convince her best friend Luka to be her fake boyfriend.

Book Summary: In Layla’s story, Lovelight Farm’s resident baker is ready to give up on love. She’s surrounded by the happiest couples all day and wonders when she’s ever going to find the kind of relationship that her friends get to experience. When former local cop, Caleb, takes her by surprise one evening, they start to commiserate over their dating woes. In a half-joke, half-serious suggestion, Caleb wonders if they can help each other out. A pasture of dead trees. A hostile takeover of the Santa barn by a family of raccoons. And shipments that have mysteriously gone missing. Lovelight Farms is not the magical winter wonderland of Stella Bloom’s dreams. I was invited by Pan MacMillan to read this and I cannot even begin to say THANK YOU enough. I’m beyond grateful.

I first noticed the Lovelight Farms series last year due to the absolutely adorable book covers! I loved how each book represents a different season and the covers reflect them perfectly. I absolutely love the writing in this book. I love that I can easily get lost in this small town and these characters. This book was phenomenal. Everything down to even the tiniest of details was perfect. I was invested immediately. I don’t know if there will be a story (even novella) featuring Dane, but I would be first in line to read if there was/is. Clare thought that by now she would have her life figured out. Instead, she's living with her parents, working a job she hates and has absolutely no idea what she wants to do with the rest of her life.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment