276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Blade Breaker: The brand new fantasy masterpiece from the Sunday Times bestselling author of RED QUEEN

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Victoria Aveyard, author of BookTok’s favorite Red Queen, has done it again with her latest book, Blade Breaker. It was one of our most anticipated books of 2022, and now it’s finally here. It’s clear that Aveyard can tell a fantasy adventure story as good as any of the best. Realm Breaker and Blade Breaker are definitive proof that Aveyard is a wizard of the genre. The world-building is on point, the characters are chaotic, and the story is getting wilder. It’s a book journey well worth taking. Merry Band of Misfits One of the most notable things about the team compared to all others is their fighting styles vary greatly. Often most other teams have a specific running theme among their Bladers, but the Bladebreakers each have their individual styles, fitting in with their ideal of supporting all styles of Beyblading.

Realm Breaker: Realm Breaker, Book 1 - Common Sense Media Realm Breaker: Realm Breaker, Book 1 - Common Sense Media

This may be more of a future problem, but yes, there are now zombies in this universe. Aveyard adds some surprising humor that actually works in the context of the story. The zombies just add another layer of chaos to the cosmic stakes readers have already been introduced to; they just illustrate the depths that the villains are able and willing to stoop to. It also gives our heroes yet another barrier to blast through in their quest to save the world. Families can talk about the violence in Realm Breaker. Why is it necessary to the story? Does realistic violence disturb you more than fantasy violence, or is it the same?

We aren’t dead yet. Corayne almost laughed, and the many long days of travel and toil seemed to crash all at once, a terrible wave. The sea serpents, the horses, the oasis town filled with nothing but ghosts now. We aren’t dead yet, she thought. Weave that into a tapestry, for it seems to be the core thread of this journey.” But pain crossed his face, a pain she knew. He looked beyond her, to the bodies in green and gold. He shut his eyes and bowed his head, hiding his face from the desert sun. During the World Championships in Beyblade: G-Revolution, Tyson and Daichi's bit-beasts represent dragons of mythical Asian lore. I will say that some characters are a bit more fleshed out than Corayne or her perfect squire-boy Andry, however. The saving grace for Blade Breaker for me was most definitely the villains. Taristan and Erida, who seek to turn Allward into an empire under their and He Who Waits supreme and malevolent control, actually have some rare layers and complexity to their feelings. Erida struggles with her attraction to her new husband, her bloodthirsty ambition, her need to placate her courtiers, and her fear of He Who Waits and his undead armies. Erida and Taristan’s budding romantic relationship and often horrific actions were the main reason I was able to push through reading this book. I honestly would have much preferred to read an entire series about these two taking over the world and not have to deal with all of these other uninteresting characters who more or less have one defining feature of their personalities.

Realm Breaker Series by Victoria Aveyard - Goodreads Realm Breaker Series by Victoria Aveyard - Goodreads

She tasted blood too. The blood of Gallish soldiers, the blood of sea serpents from another realm. And, of course, her own blood. So much blood Corayne felt she might drown in it. Another man would have been my jailer, his leash woven through my crown,’ she said, matter-of-fact.” You cannot fathom the realms I’ve seen, the endless ages, the limitless bounds of greed and fear. You cannot know how wrong you are. I almost pity you.’ The voice rippled over her, making her skin crawl. ‘And while I hate your heart, I admire it too.'”How is romance handled in the book? Are you surprised there's not more of it? Which pairings are you rooting will get together in the next installment? Making Erida the villain in Realm Breaker was a stroke of storytelling genius. While this character absolutely could have gone either way, who doesn’t love a villain who girl-bossed too close to the Sun? Blade Breaker further takes us into the depths of depravity in a thrilling and kind of fun way. Everything Erida does is despicable. She’s unlikeable and commits unspeakable atrocities. Yet her chapters are among the most engaging.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment